Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What rifle to chose?

Ban on shipping air rifles

Makes you wonder why the **** we are in the EU...perhaps not for much longer!

I wonder if Fedex would do the business? I would have thought that some of the larger German dealers would find an alternative...better hang on to my FWB 300!!

Mike95

Rifle to choose

Thanks everyone.

So what is the range to pay for a 300s?

For a newbie, would appreciate some advice about distinguishing a good one from one which is not?

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,
    I think the answer is covered in the replies to your thread already - anything from £150 for one that works but is a but rough cosmetically to £300 for one in excellent condition.
    The problem with paying £300 for an excellent 300S is that you are entering the price bracket that may buy you the next model Feinwerkbau 600, so you have got to really want a 300S to pay that much for it.
    My advice would be to look for a nice clean one that shoots well, has no signs of abuse ( look for chewed screws, scratched blueing, chipped and gouged woodwork etc) as this may hide similar problems inside - and that is somethimg you don't want to find!
    You should be able to find a nice example with fair wear and tear for £200, and a really nice one for £250.
    These rifles are excellent - but they are getting on a bit now and are often treasured especially by anyone who has carefully restored one, had it re-blued and the stock re-finished to look like new. One like this is not likely to be sold cheap ( if at all) and is likely to fetch far more than the guidlines suggested here.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Thanks Zooma

Sorry about the reiteration, was late and had just got back from work so think the brain was a bit fried . Was really interested in distinguishing what made a £150 one and a £300 so thanks a lot for the comprehensive answer.

I was asking because I have had an offer of one for £300 which looks really nice buts has some rust on the barrel. It does come with an extra cheekpiece and an extra handshelve, also it has had a recent service.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Imo, 300 is too expensive for a 300FWB with rust on it..
    You may wanna check out egun.de, LOTS of FWB's to choose from!
    I preferred the Diana 75 above the FWB though. No twang, and really nice shooting.
    They're more rare though, and hard to service.
    ATB,
    yana