Thread: BRNO B97 / Aeron Chameleon 4

BRNO B97 / Aeron Chameleon 4

Would like opinions.
    I have a BRNO / Aeron Chameleon 4 also called BRNO B97 or RWS B97, bought it a month ago.
    The gun is lovely and a joy to use but there's one thing I don't like.
    The trigger just isn't to my liking. Compared to my old Original model 6 and Model 10 it just doesn't feel as nice.

There was an Alfa Pro Sport for sale and I was considering that but it looks like a cheaper model of mine without the self cocking and just not as good. They look as though they use a lot of the same components with the Alfa getting the cheaper bits ( like the sights).

So my question is is the Alfa Pro Sport trigger better than that on my B97 ? and what are peoples opinions on the B97 trigger ? It's really a nice gun, maybe it's just not what I'm used to.

Decided to put the BRNO up for sale though I will take it down the club tonight and do some match cards to see how I get on. If it doesn't sell well I hope to get on better with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnMcDermott View Post

There was an Alfa Pro Sport for sale and I was considering that but it looks like a cheaper model of mine without the self cocking and just not as good. They look as though they use a lot of the same components with the Alfa getting the cheaper bits ( like the sights).

So my question is is the Alfa Pro Sport trigger better than that on my B97 ? and what are peoples opinions on the B97 trigger ? It's really a nice gun, maybe it's just not what I'm used to.
    I've only shot the Aeron once, but the trigger was far better than the Alfa which I had at the time.
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    I've only shot the Aeron once, but the trigger was far better than the Alfa which I had at the time.
    Thanks I might persevere with it. I shot my first match targets with it last night and probably averaged about 45 with the lowest being 42 and the highest 49 and most of them about 45 so it's not bad.

The trigger was rough when I first got it and had rough pitted surfaces on the sear surfaces so I've polished these out and it's much smoother now not gritty.
    Now all I need to do is figure out how to make it two stage with a short 2nd travel. Anyone got any ideas ?
    Last edited by JohnMcDermott; 26-07-2011 at 03:15 PM.

Hiya Folks,
    I'm trying to repair the rear sight on an AERON BRNO B96 Mod 4 Chameleon, for one of the blokes in our club and need one part, to fix it.
    The part I need is the elevation block, I'm sure you will know which part I mean, but just in case, it's the tiny block with a ramp on one side and the elevation adjustment screw runs through it.

I don't know how it's owner managed to do it, but the block has broken into three pieces and I've tried various epoxy resins without success and it's far too small to weld.

So if anyone can help me, both he and I will be very grateful.

All the best
    Baz
    Toys : .308 Rem 700 SPS Tac, 7.5x55 Schmidt Rubin K31, 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant M44, .45/70 Browning Mod 1885 HWTR, 8x60R Portuguese Kropatscheck, .58cal PH 1861 Enfield Carbine, .22LR-CZ452 Silhouette Tac, .22LR Smith & Wesson-M&P 15-22-M4 Carbine

Aeron original spare parts

Try Aeron themselves - They are extremely helpful in providing all maner of original spares http://www.aeron.cz/zbrane/contact.php