Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HW 77/97 refurbish & venom tune

Gibbon Guest

HW 77/97 refurbish & venom tune

Hi folks. I was going to start fitting my Stage1 kit today, and I've gone and lost the link to (big Dave's?) article on the other forum

Could someone post it again please - tried searching for the last 1/2 hour & got fed up

Cheers

Paul Hudson Guest

Gibbon Guest
    It certainly is Paul

Thanks a lot

Gibbon Guest

Help

MERDE !!! Really pi55ed off

Just taken the action off, and the small spring which attaches to the anti-beartrap mechnism is broken (does this mean the anti-beartrap doesn't work anymore?)

Part N° 9047

Don't suppose anybody's got a spare one they'd sell me ??? Can pay by paypal TODAY.

Phone HC, they will probably send you the spring in the interests of good service and safety !

Mart.

Gibbon Guest
    Phoned HW & got an answering machine, I don't speak German so I've sent Hans a mail re the beartrap spring.

In the meantime I've dismantled the action which was quite easy apart from the 1st trigger pin which was a pig to get out.

Found that my mainspring is broken in 3 places
    but the gun was still doing 10ft/lb when I put it through the chrono yesterday !

Not HW, HC ! Hull cartridge, the UK importers 01482 342756

Worth a shot.

Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon
    Found that my mainspring is broken in 3 places
    but the gun was still doing 10ft/lb when I put it through the chrono yesterday !
    I had the same problem. Even with the spring broken at 3 places it was shooting at 11.5 ft/lbs. And shooting smoothly too, thats a 77 for you
    Morini 162EI

Paul Hudson Guest
    Gibbon - I might have a spare spring for the bear trap. Drop me a line with your addy.

For what it's worth - I fitted a stage 1 kit to my almost new 97K on Saturday. Lovely and smooth when I tried it yesterday, and very consistent. Mind you, at 5 ft lbs I'd expect it to be . It's coming apart again tonight to see what's gone wrong. I've a feeling that I might have nicked the piston seal. Either that or the breech seal has given up the ghost...

With the standard bits it was kicking out a consistent, but twangy, 11.5 ft lbs.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hudson
    Gibbon - I might have a spare spring for the bear trap. Drop me a line with your addy.

For what it's worth - I fitted a stage 1 kit to my almost new 97K on Saturday. Lovely and smooth when I tried it yesterday, and very consistent. Mind you, at 5 ft lbs I'd expect it to be . It's coming apart again tonight to see what's gone wrong. I've a feeling that I might have nicked the piston seal. Either that or the breech seal has given up the ghost...

With the standard bits it was kicking out a consistent, but twangy, 11.5 ft lbs.

Paul.

What have you done to my poor ex-baby?!?! *sniff*

Paul Hudson Guest
    LOL .

Don't worry Paul. I kept all the standard bits safe and sound .

I should have known better than to mess with it after a hard day in the office...

Paul.

Hi Paul,
    Well I "hope" it all works out well in the end. It's probably just being awkward with you. Like all animals, it probably didn't like being operated on.

ATB,
    Paul.

Gibbon Guest

nearly there !

Thanks for your offer Paul, I've PM'd my address to you.

Well... The new spring, guides and piston sleeve are all fitted now. Trigger block is back on, all quite easy to do thanks to DaveL's excellent article.

Ooooo I'm very tempted to reassemble the rest, but I think I'll wait until we've got this blasted beartrap spring sorted rather than taking in bits again.

Thanks also to DaveP3@ for your offer of a full beartrap mechanism ... If Paul can't sort me out I'll get back to you

ATB

Barrie_G is offline It could be worse...............................
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbon
    Ooooo I'm very tempted to reassemble the rest, but I think I'll wait until we've got this blasted beartrap spring sorted rather than taking in bits again.
    ATB
    Or you could fit the bear trap and other parts and just fit the spring when it arrives.

Gibbon Guest
    Mmmm, good point Barrie. I'll continue the rest tomorrow.