Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: collectable guns

collectable guns

can anyone make a sugestion on what gun i should buy as a collectable and maybe as an investment , i know as an investment i would not make a lot of money but would be happy if it held its own in value for a few years so i can enjoy it . so please any sugestions on the subject

Hello,

A BSA Miliatary.
    A cased 3 barrel Service with matching serial numbers.
    Anything else ? Buy because you want it.
    Airguns are not an investmnet , particularly in this PC world...

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post
    Airguns are not an investmnet , particularly in this PC world...
    You mean I've wasted my money on the 40+ "investments" I have made over the last 2 years?

What do I tell the wife now?

Last edited by MattyBoy; 27-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

collectable

hi you cant go wrong with a nice factory venom,from the entry level guns,to the full custom rifles,quality quality quality,will always sell, will always be in demand,and if you get one ,youll see why,happy hunting.

collectables

people collect all manner of air weapons,scopes and related.their are always rare or exotic models.webley service rifles increase im told 20% yearly ,i think it should be what floats your boat.it will consume you as it has us all.

By asking the question you have taken the first step to admitting that you are an air gun addict! The problem is it won't help you, just don't let your wife see what arrives in the post

Charles

collecting

pms oh god not stopped laughing ,i thought i was the only one up at 6 awaiting the royal mail van.yep its a legal and effective devorce cause

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    You mean I've wasted my money on the 40+ "investments" I have made over the last 2 years?

What do I tell the wife now?

Tell the wife you've just sold one of your Titan Mohawks to me and you are taking her out for a meal on the profit!
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by guts123 View Post
    can anyone make a sugestion on what gun i should buy as a collectable and maybe as an investment , i know as an investment i would not make a lot of money but would be happy if it held its own in value for a few years so i can enjoy it . so please any sugestions on the subject
    If your looking for a multi pump pneumatic consider one or more of the Sharp models.
    Don't bother with the 'Ten a penny' average condition Innova models that come up on a fairly regular basis, only go for one that is in excellent to mint condition if you want an investment.

Same applies to the Ace model, slightly less common than the Innova, again only buy a top flight example.
    Now we come to the 'Hens Teeth' models, the Victory and Pan Target. These seldom surface, if a working model comes up that needs cosmetic work then do give it due consideration.......But price's will be strong even on tired models.
    (Don't hesitate to contact me by email (Address in my profile) if you need advice on any of the above)

Or you could invest in one or more of the superb collectable springers that have been and will be suggested.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    Tell the wife you've just sold one of your Titan Mohawks to me and you are taking her out for a meal on the profit!
    ATB
    Eric
    But Eric - I only have one

If I had 2 of course I would sell you one dear chap

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Webley pistols and pre-war BSA under-lever rifles are a safe bet, as in good condition these will ALWAYS move on well. Failing that, go for a modern(ish) classic rifle like a Webley Omega (in either cal), a (walnut) Webley Longbow in .177, a (walnut) BSA Mercury-S (either cal), an FWB Sport 127 (.22) and/or an FWB Sport 124 (.177), as these will also quickly convert back to cash, too. Hope this (sort of) helps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Webley pistols and pre-war BSA under-lever rifles are a safe bet, as in good condition these will ALWAYS move on well. Failing that, go for a modern(ish) classic rifle like a Webley Omega (in either cal), a (walnut) Webley Longbow in .177, a (walnut) BSA Mercury-S (either cal), an FWB Sport 127 (.22) and/or an FWB Sport 124 (.177), as these will also quickly convert back to cash, too. Hope this (sort of) helps . Atb: G.
    Agreed, i was stunned when i put a thread up asking for a valuation of my old Webley Senior.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

From 1980 onwards they need to be mint, or as near as dammit. If to shoot then no need to go mint but get the best you can.
    Pre 1980 then you need to do your research as though condition matters its the desirability and scarcity that counts. Value can go down to the Serial Number, numbers made and less common models. Lots out there but few with real added value so know your stuff. There are fakes and all sorts of stuff going on which all makes it interesting.

Buy it if you like it but never think its an investment other than owning it for a while. Most collectors are happy if they break even. (Petrol, postage, lost interest and time don't count as it should be fun).

feinwerkbau

i have a feinwerkbau 127 sport .22 in mint condition there suppose to be highly collectable any one intrested?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo85 View Post
    i have a feinwerkbau 127 sport .22 in mint condition there suppose to be highly collectable any one intrested?
    cant do that mate
    what you can do though is ask for a valuation / pictures will help
    and then offer for sale in a SEPARATE thread ( either here or in sales )
    keeps you out of trouble that way its all in the STICKIES