Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: collectable guns

Quote Originally Posted by guts123 View Post
    can anyone make a sugestion on what gun i should buy as a collectable and maybe as an investment , i know as an investment i would not make a lot of money but would be happy if it held its own in value for a few years so i can enjoy it . so please any sugestions on the subject
    I have read this thread with intrest , However I agree with little of what has been said,
    Webley,s OK , I like them , Well made, ( So is the Mk 111 worth about £120 ? )
    Overpriced , low power ( I am putting my crash helmet on NOW )
    Sharps OK, I have many, Ace the best, Pan Target very nice & rare,
    I would suggest, Robin Chainey,s, ( yes I have 2 ) These are " Hand made " No.s 3 of 3, & 7 of 16 " How rare do you want them
    Imperial Express,
    You saw what that poor example made , ( £900 )
    Aircanes, ( Nice ) But most are worn out ! & Almost unusable ?

Americana !! Sheridan supergrade , ( As good as the pumpers get )
    Crossman, 101, Crossman 600, ( You know you want one ) & Many more excellent Co2 repeaters, 400 as an Example , but not the best,

Giffard, Buy them all,
    I have omitted ball reservoir guns only on initial outlay, but None the less collectable in the extreme.

I am now in full body armour, Ready to repel all & Sundry !! Just a minute, I have to fetch my whisky, Ha ha, Now ready !

Ged.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo85 View Post
    i have a feinwerkbau 127 sport .22 in mint condition there suppose to be highly collectable any one intrested?
    Always interested at the right price Jimbo!
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    You mean I've wasted my money on the 40+ "investments" I have made over the last 2 years?

Matt, your invesments were made wisely. You basically buy up everything 'till there's nothing left for anyone to buy. That creates a dearth of supply, thus hiking up the prices... Wise man, you...

Aside, to the OP - no need for a gun to be "collectable" in the true sense of the word. Although I have been looking, I have yet to find a "cheap" Air Arms Pro-Sport. A very usable gun that if bought at a fair price can be enjoyed and possibly moved on painlessly.

The other obvious collectables, one must buy carefully.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    Matt, your invesments were made wisely. You basically buy up everything 'till there's nothing left for anyone to buy. That creates a dearth of supply, thus hiking up the prices... Wise man, you...
    My "cunnin plan" has been uncovered

Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    My "cunnin plan" has been uncovered

So it has.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Eck, there are so many !
    I dont know how old you are but I (in my teens in the 60's) lusted for a BSA Airsporter, I could'nt afford one BUT, in time, I eventually bought one and things rolled on from there !
    I've owned and sold many Airporters since then amongst other air guns but I still have an affection for the old 'Sporters.

As a rule and this applies to all collectable items choose what, if it was rare and expensive when it was manufactured, then it will be collectable and sought after now.
    If it is now manufactured in the "thousands", there will be a lot about and therefor not as valuable.(mass production and all that) it all depends how much you wish to recoup I suppose.
    If you want a Yardstick then go for;
    Prewar BSA's.
    Ripleys.
    Whiscombes.
    Venoms.
    Webley Service.
    And Limited Editions of most.

There are "continentals and exotics" but I'm not well up on those.

Good Luck !
    "B'rider"
    “An airgun or two”………

Older European airguns are relatively cheap to buy and interesting to research - 1880's to the 1930's - Gems, Millitas, Buglespanners...sure, most are rough and ready, and will need a bit of tinkering with, but it usually reflects in the asking price* and, well...who doesn't like to tinker?

*Good examples will still attract the premium.

Edit: The more folk that collect and research these old European guns, the more info becomes available...and when info becomes available books get written, when books get written more folk have better access to good info and prices start to rise accordingly as interest is kindled...and then you're on the roller coaster!

Look at any field of collectables for similar examples
    Last edited by DCL_dave; 03-08-2011 at 10:39 PM.
    blah blah

Maybe a sleeper

The Japanese rifles seem to going up pretty fast. I see you guys hoarding them There is a Chinese made clones called the Puma Innova which even has Sharp on it. . You can buy them for 1/4 or 1/6 the price of a excellent Japanese Innova. How many times can I look back over the past 30 years and note some items , cars ,guitars, guns ,and bloody old worthless computers ,ect that people thought were junk or never be collectable and now bring crazy prices or are collectable.

If you have time to stick it in the closet NIB and walk away, I'm betting in 10-20 years , the PUMA Innova will have its day as well. I predict it People will say , I can't bloody believe it , that plastic POS is now collectable. Eventually the goverments will force all powerful airgun from the market. These might wind up being the last true self contained High Velocity Pump Ups made of this style .

I already see the price creeping up on them in the US, just as Sharp in the70's , nobody wants to import them.