Thread: breaking for spares bsa no4 c1575 ,,177 cal

breaking for spares bsa no4 c1575 ,,177 cal

breaking for spares old bsa no4 c 1575 ,177 cal its missing a trigger guard and is pitted,so im gonna break it!!
    what would be a fair price to ask for the spare parts please? there is a small tag on the side of the stock depicting no2 so possibly a club gun at some time in its life?
    rgds scirroco
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/36356274@N03/5981751988/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/3635627...n/photostream/

another one bites the dust?

As this appears to be perfectly restorable to a useable air rifle might it be better to offer it for sale complete? If you want valuations based on this then I'd suggest about £90 ( if the piston is still there ). Yes you will make more money breaking it up if that's your only concern.

torrens

Quote Originally Posted by torrens View Post
    As this appears to be perfectly restorable to a useable air rifle might it be better to offer it for sale complete? If you want valuations based on this then I'd suggest about £90 ( if the piston is still there ). Yes you will make more money breaking it up if that's your only concern.

torrens
    hi torrens,it only needs a trigger guard!! but i have promised a good friend the cocking link off it anyway ,its a little bit to be pitted for my liking ,got loads more of these anyway so im not going to miss one
    rgds scirroco

edbear2 Guest
    Hi Steve, The main value on this is the sights I reckon as the stock sadly has a chip in the usual vulnerable area. Price wise, obviously the bay for max return, complete original set of sights will go £35-60 (compare that to the pattern stuff and that is STILL a bargain!).

Cocking levers normally make / sell on here for £10+ each (long and short) = £20

Trigger block (looks to be single hole), maybe the same as the levers, much more for 3 hole ones (I paid £20 for a standard s/h sear a while back...they are just hard to get in good order).

Stock (assuming inspection plug is good)......bit of a funny one, as they seem to vary in price for no reason, and can go for as little as £20, which to someone with the skill to repair it would be a bargain IMHO........

Piston / spring.......in good usable condition £10-15+

Main cylinder / barrel inc. tap......if boat anchor pits then not much more than a tenner really I would say.

Looks like a late large pin pivot secured by the tap plate, If no side play the pin may also be useful to someone (I would put this together with the matching main cocking lever if good, and say £15 the pair).

Another one bites the dust.....but maybe 3 or 4 others spring back to life, It is just how it is with any obsolete (in spares terms) gun of any sort...they ain't making any more bits, so if one is in very poor condition then breaking it is no problem to me personally....a nice clean gun however is always a shame, but as with many things, if someone can get twice the price this way, and need the money, then this is what will happen.

another one bites the dust and several more live again....

Hi Scirrocco, Edbear's breakdown seems pretty good. I don't intend any hint of critcism if you're breaking for spares as I've saved one or two old airguns with donor parts. It's the same situation as old cars and motorbikes ( boats, planes etc...) many people have projects that need a few hard to find spares to get the thing finished and running. I have a pre-war .22 Standard I restored from a deeply pitted mess but it was more trouble than I could face again!
    atb torrens

thanks ed and the rest of you guys,for your help,both steve[improved on here] reckon its best for spares ,ive got a lot of old bsa underlevers,and would never break them for spares,,,just to make some money ,thats the least of my worries,, thanks for your help last week steve ,,,im gonna put the spares for sale on here rather than the buy whee they would make a lot more money,ive recieved a lotta help from you guys re info etc,,this is the best part of the bbs,,,due to time ,my health and spending a lotta time killing pigs in germany,im clearing out completely,very shortly
    thanks everyone
    rgds scirroco