Thread: Custom wood grips for HW45?

Custom wood grips for HW45?

I find the Colt style grips too slim, and I'm not keen on the semi-target style grips on the Silver Star either.

Hogue rubber wrap arounds don't interest me, since they're no thicker than the standard factory ones.

Does anyone make a chunkier grip in wood, either straight slabs or wrap around, that doesn't look like a target grip?

I prefer to shoot two handed.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Cool

The silver star as with the HW75 has the frame under the grip cut down, with this you can not fit 45 auto grips onto these pistols. Also this means to fit this to a silver star grip you would have to chop the frame of a regular HW45. I know you dont want to do this but I just thought I would clarify it. I have houge rubber rap round grips with finger grooves on my 45 but lots oif variations of colt 45 grips are on the bay mostly from thailand, I have never got any from here but there seems to be a good selection. I got my grips posted from the states and got stung for tax before I could collect them. Hope this helps good luck with finding some cool grips.

Just looked on , there are some described as colt 1911 wood finger grooves that look like the job. You might need to select worldwide serch as these are in thiland. Recon they are worth a look, good luck.
    Last edited by GRAZY; 28-07-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Thanks a lot.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

magicniner is offline The Posh Knocking Shop Artist Formerly Known as Nocturnal Nick
    You can also fit spacer plates, my HW45 grip was too narrow over all when I bought it so I made plastic card spacers to fit under the grips, 1.5mm either side bulked it out just right,
    ATB,
    Nick
    Airgun Repairs, Bespoke Airgun Smithing and Precision Engineering Services
    http://www.magic9designltd.com

Just got an excellent set of rosewood grips for my HW45 from Thailand via (CENSORED) the RH grip is chequered and the LH grip has finger grooves. Cost about £15 and I was dubious if I'd ever see them as they were coming from a far-away land, but to my surprise they arrived in less than a week. Look up 'Colt 1911' grips on (CENSORED)

I got a pair of custom finger groove grips from thialand made up with them they look the dogs bollocks

50 metres from the English Channel. Worthing
    When I had mine i fitted a Pachymyr (sic) grip which worked just dandy.
    Easily led

A couple of years ago snake6 made some for me,and I think the're very good.I don't know if he still makes them,might be worth a pm.

pic...http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t98/kp54/sids15.jpg