Thread: Bsa r-10 mk2

Bsa r-10 mk2

I thought I would put this (brief as it is) review of the BSA R-10 MK2 on here so some people can hear a review off of a person that actually owns the rifle.

Ok for starters mines a .177 so im unable to comment on a .22 R-10

Picked it up a few days ago brand new from my local RFD, It was well packaged In a cardboard box filled with a really thick polystyrene block with the outline of the gun in it(as to fit the gun), The gun itself was wrapped in a thick clear plastic sheet and the action and barrel was wrapped in thick parcel type paper.. so overall extremely well protected.

The box contained a fill plug and spare o-rings, fill plug lubricant, a Certificate of Conformity, a How-To DVD and an instruction sheet.

Upon careful inspection the gun was pristine and its woodwork looked rather spiffing with its rosewood grip cap and bottle cover and its white spacers, the walnut is incredibly well stippled and the overall finish is very high quality.

Now to the filling stage, everything is easy with its quick fill connection, filled it upto 232 bar and I got 140 shots before it started raining so i came in, I still had about another 30 good shots left in the bottle.

During those 140shots I got it zeroed in in the first 10 shots. and then I put 2 magazines worth of AA Fields into a hole the size of a 5 pence coin at 35 yards. So needless to say. im happy with it.

I also bought a silencer with the R-10, my local RFD said that the BSA VC is good, but he would recommend the weirauch silencer. The R-10 is quiet to start off with, but with this silencer all you hear is the pellet hitting the target.So overall im totally impressed with the whole set-up.

I also feel that Blackpool Air Rifles deserve a mention on this review as they are who I got it from, They are extremely helpful, professional and funny people and I would recommend any Air gunner to pop into their shop if your ever in or near Blackpool (I drove 60 miles to go there as they had what I wanted. They are going to have all my air gun related business from now on.

P.s. I know these guns in their Mk1 stage suffered detrimental problems but now in the MK2 they are all gone. its now a high performing PCP air rifle and its just plain lovely to use.
    .177 BSA R-10 Mk2
    200lb Armex Titan Camo

hi thx for your review keep us informed to how it is doing or just pm me a friend of mine is thinking of getting one thx .tony

nice

like the look of the r-10 but I'll stick with my Daystate Mk4!

Approximately 2200 pellets

I have fired approximately 2200 pellets through the r-10 now and it hasnt missed a single beat. Still getting sub 10mm groups of 10 pellets at 35 yards.

Would well recommend this gun to anyone
    .177 BSA R-10 Mk2
    200lb Armex Titan Camo

Thanks for sharing, the R-10 is in also my experience a great bit of kit. .....

I have been well impressed with mine, although mine is one of the early ones that were ment to have problems, have to say I bought mine new but it was apperently old stock and BSA were already doing various upgrades, I called BSA after having it pointed out to me and sure enough they asked me to send it back to them via my dealer and they would completely upgrade free of any charge, ie new barrel, new regulator,gauge and trigger mechanisim I think even sent me a new magazine. I never had any trouble with it before the upgrade and have had none since, great gun in my opinion

great review, been looking at the r-10 for a while. maybe her in doors will allow me to give it a go

bsa r10

Thanks, gonna get 1 this weekend.

I have brand new one, after I send back ma FX cyclone (comon design fault). With FX I shot average 93 on 20 yards standing. With BSA mk2 I am shooting 85 from bench rest, the group is bigger than inch in diameter. There are usually two small groups about 10 mm appart and than one or two shots about 30mm away. Can anyone tell me what is the problem? I am using super domes .177.
    There is also sound of air being leaked(filling up) by regulator. This does not happen after every shot. It is also vary in time scale between 1-10 seconds.
    Any one any helpful advise?

Its most likely the pellets that you are using.

Hello,

I found that my R-10 prefers heavier pellets, So try Bisley Magnums or Crosman premier ultra magnums.

I only use RWS superdomes to get a benchmark on my rifles as its pretty sure fire they work quite well in any barrel or gun, and I found that the r-10 isnt a specific fan of them. theyre alright if your shooting balloons or cans... but anything smaller or alive i wouldnt reccomend them.

So just try some Bisley Magnums and see how it fares then.

Additionally. if you have a silencer, take it off as you dont want any interference while your finding your best pellet,

If you cant be bothered to buy a full tin of each type of pellet untill you find the best for your r-10. I would reccomend you get this (enter it into ebays search box): 270736126457

Next, on to your sound.

By the way you have worded it I would thing that you are suggesting that the sound happens when your using the gun and not refilling it.

Do you fill it via the quick fill plug or do you take the bottle off to refill it?

if you use the quickfill plug I have no idea sorry as theres not much that can go wrong there.

but if you use take the bottle off to refil. you could have easily damaged the O-ring which when the pressure drops after the shot... until the pressure has had a chance to refill the seal on the o-ring could give, releasing more air,

another possibility is that if youve taken the muzzlebreak(or silencer) off at one point and then youve accidentally unscrewed the barrel from the action slightly, that can lead to air leaks

but dont worry about that noise at first... try some bisley magnums and im sure it will fire nice tight groups,

Sorry for the Essay

ATB

Richard
    .177 BSA R-10 Mk2
    200lb Armex Titan Camo

I've had 1 for under 6 months and its been good as gold ( The later mk1 model ). I haven't had a tin of pellets through mine and it hasn't missed a beat but i'm getting it gone as getting something different. The gun is far better than me and just wasting away in the bag. Ferreting season now so upgrading my gear with the leftover proceeds and probably getting an old s200 to keep here incase i need a rifle. If your looking into buying an r10 imo you can't go wrong, atb in your choice