Thread: Cometa Junior Air Rifles

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm

Cometa Junior Air Rifles

Are the Cometa air rifles any good? I've been keeping hold of a Webley Junior air rifle to teach my little lad how to shoot when he's old enough, but am starting to feel that it would be a shame to let him get his hands on such a classic, seeing as it's in very good condition. I remember the state my own first air rifle ended up in and I'd hate to see this Junior looking the same way, whereas one of the modern Cometas would seem to be just the job and not too important if it ended up scratched and dented.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

Hi Harry,

My lads both started on a Daisy 840 superpump (great little guns, plastic so very light but also strong enough to endure the rigours of youngsters, 1 pump and takes single pellets as well as mag fed BB) then moved onto a Gamo Delta, BSA meteor and so on.

I recently sold on a Cometa 300 that I picked up along the way. Overall impression was that it was quite a solid, well made gun for the money! (certainly better than the Chinese stuff!!)...the smaller Cometa 50 may be worth taking a look at if nothing else.
    blah blah

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The Cometa 50 is exactly the one I was thinking of. I don't think I'd want one of the plastic Crosmans, I'd like it to have something of the feel of a real gun about it. Plus, if he turns out not to be interested I won't have lost a great deal of money.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

my mate at work bought his lad one for his 7th birthday. he seems happy enough with it.

think they do 6/7 foot pounds. got open sights on them as well. think he paid 60/70 quid for it at the local gun shop. they always try to keep at least one in stock. at the end of the day you get what you pay for. a hw25/30 might be better, but will cost at least double.

if your lad shoots under your supervision, he wouldnt get chance to wreck your classic would he? if you teach him to handle it properly and not to touch it unless you are there. that way you can keep your beady eye on him.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    my mate at work bought his lad one for his 7th birthday. he seems happy enough with it.

think they do 6/7 foot pounds. got open sights on them as well. think he paid 60/70 quid for it at the local gun shop. they always try to keep at least one in stock. at the end of the day you get what you pay for. a hw25/30 might be better, but will cost at least double.

if your lad shoots under your supervision, he wouldnt get chance to wreck your classic would he? if you teach him to handle it properly and not to touch it unless you are there. that way you can keep your beady eye on him.
    Plus one! I would go with the Webley and teach him to have some respect for it which might follow on to subsequent guns.

Dunno about the Junior, but the Fusion and NEW Fenix 400 are very good! Good trigger, good stocks, and cheapo (in europe). Be aware that anything únder the Fusion series dóes have the heavy trigger fitted.
    ATB,
    yana