Thread: Kibworth 25 yard bench rest competition results.

Kibworth 25 yard bench rest competition results.

Thanks to all who entered the first Kibworth 25 yard bench rest competition.

The next competition will run Between 2nd August - 20th August, targets available in the shop.

Results - Springers

Position Name Score
    1 Mark Thompson 85
    2 Kathy Thompson 84
    3 Richard Moroz 84 (open sights)
    4 Bob Skidmore 79
    5 P Sibley 75
    6 Peter Dunn 73
    7 C Sargent 67

Results - PCP

Position Name Score
    1 Evan Grove 93 x
    2 Greg Hensman snr 92
    3 R.C. Skidmore 90 x
    4 Bob Farthing 89
    - K Fielder 89
    - P Sibley 89 x
    - Lloyd Grove 89
    - Chris Mobley 89
    - David Chapman 89
    5 Rich Willford 88
    -Rob Mobley 88
    6 Gary Brown 87
    - Andrea Marshall 87
    - Bruce Marshall 87
    7 Tom Feilder 86 x
    8 Greg Hensman jr 85
    - Paul Andrews 85 x
    9 Miles G-T 84
    - P Brittain 84
    - Jamie Chapman 84
    - Nicole Yap 84
    10 Peter Dunn 83
    11 Neil Price 79
    12 Dave Smith 72
    13 Matt Furlong 71
    - Bernard Harris 71
    14 Dave Smith 66
    15 Karen 56
    16 Roy Dunn 52
    17 Rochelle Bastianpulle 39 (Open sights)

Pete
    Last edited by pjd-hw100; 01-08-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: I have only performed count 'back' for the top 3 scores, others share position.

Formating

Sorry for the formatting, I will try to get the columns sorted out next time

Kibworth 25 yard bench rest

We intend to run the competition on a rolling two week basis.

The idea is for anyone making a visit to Kibworth can pick up a target from the shop and shoot their card whenever it suits them.

We are still fine tuning the event so please bear with us.

We will be sorting out medals for each event winner and a trophy for the overall winner at the end of the year. The proceeds after any costs will go to Help for Heros.

There is a set of rules in the shop , we have tried to keep it simple so the rules are straight forward. We have only put in a restriction to ensure that extra kit is not required. All that is needed is a rifle, some sights, a rest and ten pellets.

1. General Rules
    a. All targets to be shot at 25 Yards.
    b. Cost of competition is £1 (TBC) for each set of targets. This money will be used to fund the targets , cost of a trophy and to ensure all expenses are meet. All residual money will be donated to Help for Hero’s.
    c. The Event will not be shot on a single day. There will be start and end dates between which all competitors must shoot and return their target cards. Hopefully this flexibility will allow for more competitors to participate.
    2. Categories.
    a. PCP.
    b. Springer.
    3. Equipment
    a. Any air rifle of calibre .177 or .22 and less than 12ft pounds in power can be used.
    b. Any scope may be used.
    c. Any hold or front bench rest may be used.
    d. No rear rests are permitted.
    e. A front rest shall only support the front portion of the rifle. The rifle must not be attached to the rest.
    f. Bipods are not permitted.
    g. No part of the rifle shall touch the bench.
    4. Target
    a. A single bespoke ten target card shall be used. One shot per target (A total of ten shots per card).
    b. Only targets issued and returned with the correct stamp/ signature will be eligible.
    c. Targets will be available from the shop and must be shot on the same day.
    d. Targets must be signed by the competitor and witnessed via a signature and Membership number of another member of the Kibworth Shooting ground.
    e. All competitor details including rifle make, calibre, pellet type and membership number must be recorded on each card.
    f. Only one set of targets will be issued for each category per competitor.
    g. Once shooting commences on a set of targets, all targets must be shot without any other (zeroing) shots being taken.
    5. Scoring
    a. Best edge scoring will be used, If the hole touches the border of the next highest black ring the higher score will be awarded, or the white circle in the case of the 9.
    b. Each Competitor is asked to write their score for each target in the score box, if any discrepancy is found when official scoring is performed then this can be discussed with the competitor in a timely manner.
    c. The ten ring must be obliterated leaving a white ring within the white nine circle to score 10 + X.
    d. In the event of a competitors shooting the same score the winner will be decided on a count back from Target 10 (T10) .
    e. If two, or more, competitors shoot the same score, the X count will be used to break the tie. If, after including the X count, the scores are still tied, the scores will be reported as a tie. If both competitors agree a shoot off can be arranged to decide overall winner. This will take place on an agreed date.
    f. Should multiple shots appear on a scoring target, only the lowest score will be counted and will be penalised by subtracting 1 point as a penalty. If more than the designated ten shots appear on a card then 10 penalty points will be deducted.
    g. All shots which cannot be scored by visual scoring will be checked by a certified plug and marked on the target with a “P” to indicate.
    h. The plug will be a standard .22 or .177 calibre.
    i. The organiser’s decision is final.

i know this is about something different. but when is is that they hold hft comps at kibworth? is it every third or first saturday of the month? i shot one last year and enjoyed it very much. wouldnt mind trying it again.

Quote Originally Posted by gasman1 View Post
    i know this is about something different. but when is is that they hold hft comps at kibworth? is it every third or first saturday of the month? i shot one last year and enjoyed it very much. wouldnt mind trying it again.
    2nd and 4th saturdays of the month.
    Kibby rules on the 2nd UKAHFT on the 4th.
    Daystate MK4 ST Burris FullfieldII
    Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day
    http://kibworthairgunclub.freeforums.org/index.php

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    Thanks for putting up the results. Interesting comp, looking forward to the next one.
    Unless my eyesight is worse than I thought, I can't see my name on the scores list.

Bob.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob. View Post
    Thanks for putting up the results. Interesting comp, looking forward to the next one.
    Unless my eyesight is worse than I thought, I can't see my name on the scores list.

Bob.
    Think Pete may have had a struggle with some of our handwriting
    As I'm now a Henson,Always thought I looked like that welsh rugby player Think you may now be Bob Furlong
    Must print names next time lol
    Daystate MK4 ST Burris FullfieldII
    Even a broken watch tells the right time twice a day
    http://kibworthairgunclub.freeforums.org/index.php

On the next comp, would it be possible to put what rifle and pellets they use, as this would allow people to see what equipment and pellet there using for other shooters to learn from

sorry all names, that I am aware of being wrong have been changed.

Tom, I was going to do this, however it was thought that there would be too much for each person to write down.

I can certainly add it to the registration form and ask people to add it to their cards.
    I also think it would be good to know for general interest.

Pete

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Thread moved to club chat and banter section for obvious reasons (). Please feel free to re-post an advert for the August event as detailed in the Meetings / Events UK & Worldwide section, however, but do please have a quick scan of the rules stickies heading up that section, first.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.