it seemed ok for a few shots then went all to cock
    at 25yds some shots were going 3 inches to the left then some in the bull
    so i took the bloody thing off and put the sleeve back on
    and every shot almost one hollers
    i dont even bother with the silencer anymore
    anyone agree on this
    dave

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    If a stripper effects performance that badly then it's either a) a crap design, b) incorrectly set up, c) poorly made. Likewise with a silencer. At worst they should have no effect whatsoever.

I can understand why you think the way you do but disagree completely.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

funny you should mention it. i wanted a bit of bling for my hw100. a bloke at the club made me an adjustable air stripper. proper sexy thing it is. i tried and i tried. i kept moving the cone slightly and trying again. i'd hit the same pellet mark 3 times and then get a flier to the left. at first i though it might be me. after a hour and about 70 pellets i put the hw silencer back on.

the gun went back to normal. shooting one holers. im not saying they dont work. my gun didnt like that one. i'll stick with the silencer.

my mpr has a muzzle flip compensator on it. i'm pretty sure that works well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Vimes View Post
    If a stripper effects performance that badly then it's either a) a crap design, b) incorrectly set up, c) poorly made. Likewise with a silencer. At worst they should have no effect whatsoever.

I can understand why you think the way you do but disagree completely.
    I brought an AA silencer for my 510, put it on & the group dropped 13mm, went left 10mm and opened up from 12mm to 28mm. took it off again everything back to zero. (.22 at 28yds)
    steve

Yeah I put a silencer on my gun and all it did was silence the gun! Didn't make me shoot better at all. Bloody rip off I tell ya!

TERRYT is offline I DID see a pussy. I DID! I DID!
    A bit like fishing tackle, made to catch Anglers, never fish.

ATVB TERRY
    Although I still walk softly with a big "STICK" I firmly believe the carrot works best,

GAUGE Guest
    the less stuff the pellet has to travel through the better went out this evening with the s400 and bagged 6 rabbits on stubble with no moderator or anything
    all this stuff is just cosmetic crap and no good for all

Quote Originally Posted by COBRA View Post
    the less stuff the pellet has to travel through the better went out this evening with the s400 and bagged 6 rabbits on stubble with no moderator or anything
    all this stuff is just cosmetic crap and no good for all
    I totally agree.There are some people who cant shoot unless their rifle has an electronic trigger.Bullshit baffles brains if you ask me...

...all this stuff is just cosmetic crap and no good for all
    What is 'all this stuff'? So far you've mentioned a malfunctioning air stripper, and of course anything that malfunctions is no use, but what else is just 'cosmetic crap'?

Silencers can be a real advantage, and so can adjustable butt-pads, custom stocks, spirit levels, target gloves and all sorts of other stuff.

Just wondering, like.

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I brought an AA silencer for my 510, put it on & the group dropped 13mm, went left 10mm and opened up from 12mm to 28mm. took it off again everything back to zero. (.22 at 28yds)
    steve
    And? It being AA doesn't stop it being a crap design, poorly made or poorly set up. If you hang something on the end of a barrel the zero is very likely to move, nothing wrong or enexpected in that. If the groups open up then it's a problem.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

all this fancy rubbish that are made for air guns is just a gimmick
    i had a air stripper on my aa s400 for a while
    it seemed ok for a few shots then went all to cock
    at 25yds some shots were going 3 inches to the left then some in the bull
    so i took the bloody thing off and put the sleeve back on
    and every shot almost one hollers
    i dont even bother with the silencer anymore
    anyone agree on this
    dave
    No

Air strippers need tuning to make the difference.

Mods will usually improve accuracy whilst making it safer for your hearing and less intrusive to those around you as well as hunting

One bad experience does not mean all strippers and mods are bad.

Having said that, the less inbetween the crown and the target isnt always a bad thing.

The air stripper I had was brilliant just really noisy - painfully so if you were in either lane listening.

I have only had a couple of dodgy mods and that was an engineering fault.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

i tried my stripper in loads of different positions. i came to the conclusion that my hw100 just didnt like it. it shoots loads better with the hw silencer.

as for my mpr. having a hamster, adjustable butt pad and cheak piece is great. the muzzle flip wotsit works a treat too.

i relly wanted the stripper to work on the hw. it looked great. it didnt, so i took it off. shame.

my 97kt has an adjustable butt pad. it works great for me. i have to have it down 3/4 of an inch. my head lines up with the scope loads better.

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    What is 'all this stuff'? So far you've mentioned a malfunctioning air stripper, and of course anything that malfunctions is no use, but what else is just 'cosmetic crap'?

Silencers can be a real advantage, and so can adjustable butt-pads, custom stocks, spirit levels, target gloves and all sorts of other stuff.

Just wondering, like.
    Bad workman and tools comes to mind...or just a badly made unit.

Plenty of very switched on folk out there using this junk to good advantage.

I bought a target glove for doing some Palma work later on with a fullbore, and ended up using it down the FT club...and I dont shoot FT Great piece of kit, particularly for throwing down just before a burger eating challenge

As for silencers, most will make some difference to zero if they are doing their job, you have just intefered with and trapped all the shit and corruption that comes out of the naughty end of the gun, something will give, it si just natures way of telling folk not to be so lazy and match pellets and power to the gun...I speak as one who knows...annoyingly

I dont use a level, mainly because I have never got one to sit totally accurately, and I hunt and it is just another thing to get ripped off...but it may well be going back on to my bunny basher...when Ben fixes the ruddy thing!!

I can also see that unless you are a reasonable shot, you wont have a clue whether it is you or the addition...
    I'm a maggot in another life you know