Thread: valuation sharp innova rear sight

valuation sharp innova rear sight

whats a fair price to ask for a sharp innova rear sight

i know there is someone on the forum looking for them and i have one but whats the going rate i remember there was one on not long ago but cant remember how much it went for as a base price

any help apreciated

its in good condition with abit of the blacking worn off

one recently went on e bay for i think £23 ... i think thats where you will get a better price for it,this forum is good for selling but everybody is looking for a bargain price including me!

I gave one away in perfect condition as I didn't think they were worth anything.

I removed one from my (then) brand new Sharps Ace and fitted it to an Innova, I eventually sold the Innova and forgot to remove the sight

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I removed one from my (then) brand new Sharps Ace and fitted it to an Innova, I eventually sold the Innova and forgot to remove the sight

John
    Hi John

The Sharp Ace sight it different too as it has a screw to fix it in the dovetail of the Ace.

I have NEVER seen a Sharp Ace rear sight in the flesh

I have a Sharp Victory rear sight that I happened upon by pure chance

The Ace rear sight with dovetail fixing screw must be valued at 50 quid these days...

Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by paul1969 View Post
    I gave one away in perfect condition as I didn't think they were worth anything.
    You are a kind hearted soul old chap

A similar thing happened to me and I was the recipient

There will be others...
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    Hi John

The Sharp Ace sight it different too as it has a screw to fix it in the dovetail of the Ace.

I have NEVER seen a Sharp Ace rear sight in the flesh

I have a Sharp Victory rear sight that I happened upon by pure chance

The Ace rear sight with dovetail fixing screw must be valued at 50 quid these days...

Hi Matt

The sight was a very simple folder steel one with a crude peep hole, My Ace was apparently one of the very last batches to enter these shores, I bought it new from Guns International at Stairfoot in Barnsley, the woodwork is a very plain, horrible maroon colour with no grain evident at all, it is in my favourite calibre though, the 'girly' 177 flavour

John

Hi John

I have copies of the original sales bumf for the Innova and Ace and although the sights are ostensibly the same the pictures in the brochure definitely show the Ace sight to have a fixing screw on one side which you tighten onto the dove tail.

I tried to fit an Innova rear sight to one of my Aces but of course it just slid up and down the dovetail.

Now I would like a .177 Ace but I missed one on here during the golf open...

At least with the colour of your gun you will blend in if you ever get stranded on a desert island... Marooned anyone?

Cheers

Now I would like a .177 Ace but I missed one on here during the golf open...

I thought you would have got over that by now Matty!
    Can't see the point of knocking the cr*p out of a little ball just to get back to where you
    started. :-)
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Hi Matt

This is my Ace, I bought it in the late 90's (I think!- still have the receipt somewhere!), I can't remember how I swapped the sight over (galloping senility ) but i'm sure that my rear sight was a non adjustable, extremely simple thing, it seemed at the time like an afterthough

Has anyone got a pic of an Ace with a rearsight to jog my memory???

Cheers, John

Well!

I just googled images and found a pic straight away!!

My memory must have really had it as the peepy bit is the same but I just can't recall the rest of it at all

John