Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fitting a Scope to a 300S and 601.

Fwb c60

Hi Chris did you say you have a FWB C60 , where did that come from ? and will the Suffolk County Rifle Association 10m team have to make space for a new shooter.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Yep, I've just got a C60, don't tell the missus

I'll PM you....
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Fwb c60

Ah yes, the CO2 match rifle so often discussed has now happened. All you need now is the bell target set up, I think this is just the steel plate with a hole in it [ but what diameter? ] bicycle bell and white paint that wont dry. I`ll dig out my Anschutz LG380 and we will see who is the best shot in our street! Oh and isn`t it a shame the way the other half never seems to underatand how important bits of kit like match rifles can be.

cheers Malc

I sent the picture's shown in this thread of the unique scope mount to fit the 600 series Feinwerkbau rifles to Sports Match by email and had a reply to say " we make this mount".

Fantastic I thought, and immeadiately replied with my thanks for identifying it and asked if I could buy a set please?

No reply !!!!

Maybe Sports Match did not make them after all and I called their bluff by saying I would buy them !!

......or maybe they just don't have any left and no longer have the drawings to make any - but a reply would have been nice !
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Idea

Thinking about this myself;

LER (long eye relief) scopes are becoming more prevalent... find one that suits your needs/requirements along with a set of rings designed to mount directly to the barrel, add friction tape/cloth to protect the barrel finish from the rings, and viola !!! No loading gate mods, easy loading, no blemish when the scope is removed.

FWB 601 scope

Hi Bob.
    Nikkonos shop sell a kit to fit a scope to a 601,price £38.12 plus postage from Canada of £5.78.
    I am intending to fit a scope to my 600 soon using this kit.
    See you Tuesday Paul.

Bart49:

Quote Originally Posted by Bart49 View Post
    Hi Bob.
    Nikkonos shop sell a kit to fit a scope to a 601,price £38.12 plus postage from Canada of £5.78.
    I am intending to fit a scope to my 600 soon using this kit.
    See you Tuesday Paul.
    Hi Paul,

It is great to see this thread is still alive after 5 years - and hopefully the wait will be worth it if you have un-earthed a mount that will fit the 601

The info sounds good - and not a bad price either!

Does the mount look anything like the one shown in this thread http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...WB601Mount.jpg ?

Thanks - Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-08-2016 at 07:43 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

soping a fwb601

Hi Bob .The short loading port cover and nylon extension are the bits from Canada, The scope mounts themselves are not in the kit.
    Paul.

Bart49:

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    I have found a problem with fitting this sight to my 300S.

As I "settle" on the cheekpiece of the rifle I see the cross hairs in the sight moving up and down, as well as left and right with every slight movement of the head.

I believe this is called parrallex, and there is no adjustment for this on the Whitetail 1.5-5 x 20mm, so it looks like I need to find a sight more suited to the closer distance of 10 metres, or find one that can have it's parrallex adjusted for use at this relatvely short distance.

Perhaps this is the job of the "distance" ring on a scope when fitted ?

The air rifle Running Boar shooters must have found suitable scopes to work at this distance - any ideas what works best at 10 metres?
    As its not in my "interest " I never bothered to look at this thread in 2012, but for some reason have just read it (only 4 years late!), as a 10 mt Running boar shooter back in the old days (I sold my RB Walther LGR to Rockdrill a few years back, do you still have it?) the 10 mt scope correction for paralax was always a problem, many did not understand and just put up with it, us perfectionists corrected it! The simple way was with a 0.1 diopter lens in the front of the scope, clamped by the front ring and put in between a couple of "o" rings.

And before you say there is no such thing as a .1 diopter lens, we had then (many years ago!) a tame lens grinder who also had a stock of plain lens's, he would go through them and often find one with 0.1 tolerance which he would put to one side for us, and next time we wanted one he had a stock from which to draw and grind the dia to fit our scopes.

The Walther LGR Running boar was suberb, a proper factory rifle built in very small numbers, it used a thumbhole stock and wooden buttplate so it slid in nicely. I used a fixed 4 power scope from Nickel (or something like that), with a single post (you needed a mortgage to buy the twin post RB scopes), 4 power was the max allowed in the rules for 10 mts, and the dia was limited as well.

The target was a scaled down 50 mt Running boar, affectionately called "running rat" by the officianado's, I still have one, they are a little work of art, now its boring round targets (politically incorrect in the ISSF to shoot even paper animals!), its a very difficult event, but great fun.

Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Bizarre FWB C60/600 Scope Mounts

Very interesting post again, Robin. Running boar has long fascinated me but my experience extends only to staring wide eyed at the Walthers, Original etc Moving Target rifles in John Walters "The Airgun Book". They are look superb, the Walther in particular.

In a later version of the book a FWB C60 moving target is depicted with a scope held by a strange, large diameter front mount which sits well forward and clasps the bell of the scope. The rear mount looks pretty standard, if high, and clasps the scope tube in front of the turrets. BOTH MOUNTS ARE FIXED TO THE BARREL.

The loading latch on this gun looks shorter than that on a standard 600, though.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I know nothing of the C60 or 600 RB's, none were around when I shot it, for my Walther I had a very high alloy mount machined up by a mate that I used to clear the loading port on the LGR, but more importantly to get an upright head position which helped balance and quick sight location, no problem as the rifle had an adjustable cheek piece which could also be set up high. All that was vital as you started from the rifle butt held to the hip and could not move until the target appeared, and then had 5 secs on a slow run or 2.5 on a fast run, very demanding, very technical, but great fun.

I also used a 12 times scope but the ISSF changed the rules whilst I was doing it to limit to 4 times and limit the lens size as they thought the bigger ones gave a bad image of the sport because they looked too much like sniper rifles!! And they also changed the 10 mt picture boar (running rat) target to a boring dot also for OTT PC reasons. The ISSF have worked hard over the years to wreck our sport and are still doing it!

I have pictures of my rifle, scopes, and mount but I don't have a means of posting on here if you PM with your email I'll send some to you.

Have Fun,
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    As its not in my "interest " I never bothered to look at this thread in 2012, but for some reason have just read it (only 4 years late!), as a 10 mt Running boar shooter back in the old days (I sold my RB Walther LGR to Rockdrill a few years back, do you still have it?) the 10 mt scope correction for paralax was always a problem, many did not understand and just put up with it, us perfectionists corrected it! The simple way was with a 0.1 diopter lens in the front of the scope, clamped by the front ring and put in between a couple of "o" rings.

And before you say there is no such thing as a .1 diopter lens, we had then (many years ago!) a tame lens grinder who also had a stock of plain lens's, he would go through them and often find one with 0.1 tolerance which he would put to one side for us, and next time we wanted one he had a stock from which to draw and grind the dia to fit our scopes.

The Walther LGR Running boar was suberb, a proper factory rifle built in very small numbers, it used a thumbhole stock and wooden buttplate so it slid in nicely. I used a fixed 4 power scope from Nickel (or something like that), with a single post (you needed a mortgage to buy the twin post RB scopes), 4 power was the max allowed in the rules for 10 mts, and the dia was limited as well.

The target was a scaled down 50 mt Running boar, affectionately called "running rat" by the officianado's, I still have one, they are a little work of art, now its boring round targets (politically incorrect in the ISSF to shoot even paper animals!), its a very difficult event, but great fun.

Good shooting
    Robin

Well, here's the Feinwerkbau's take on the RT/RB sport. The scope is a Leupold M8 with a custom reticle (a single vertical line with a dot in the middle) factory fitted with a Premier booster/reticle which has additional vertical lines with dots in the middle. The middle dot is adjustable by Leupold's own towers and the side dots in the Premier unit are independently adjusted by the four towers in that unit. Note that the Premier unit is attached slightly canted in regard of the Leupold scope to compensate for the cant the rifle sets on the shooter's position. So, when you lift the rifle, all three lines are vertical, but if you put it on a bench rest, the lines are canted to the right. There also is no horizontal lines whatsoever

Fitting a scope to a 300S and 601

G'day,

While browsing ads for used air rifles I found this FWB 601 for sale over here. I remembered that there was this thread about mounts for FWBs and Zooma's comment: "It is great to see this thread is still alive after 5 years - and hopefully the wait will be worth it if you have un-earthed a mount that will fit the 601."

Hopefully this will be of interest - if my rather basic computer skills work: http://www.melbournefirearms.com.au/images/17628.jpg

and: http://www.melbournefirearms.com.au/images/17628b.jpg

It appears that the scope mount has been tapped into the side of the barrel mount at the breech and is shaped to allow the breech to rotate and close. I don't have a clue as to who made the mount, but could try to find out if someone wished to know.

Jim

Via Ballarat
    Australia