Thread: Fitting a Scope to a 300S and 601.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

No Luck with the 601 mount

Now Feinwerkbau are back from their holidays I have been able to send them the picture shown on this thread of the superb scope mount fitted to the 601 rifle.

They say they have never made anything like this, but they are looking to see if they know anyone who may have any information about who may have manufactured this rare mount.

The mount will fit any of the 600/601/602/603 range of FWB rifles and so it would be good for me to find one, but I guess it will have limited appeal these days and so the chances of finding one must be slim.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Feinwerkbau have just sent me an email with the address of two German manufacturers who may have made this 601 mount, so I will contact them both and see if this produces a result.

If it does I will provide the info so anyone else can use it too.

Well done on tracking the information down, and to FWB.

I hope it all works out.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Well done on tracking the information down, and to FWB.

I hope it all works out.
    Sorry about the delay - it has taken some time to track down these two manufacturers and to get a reply from them.The two manufacturers concerned were Ernst Apel GmbH and Kilic Feintechnik GmbH.

Both responded with nice polite replies, but neither actually manufactured this elusive scope mount system to fit the Feinwerkbau 600 series rifles as shown here on this thread.

Now I need to start hunting again as these two leads provided by Feinwerkbau theselves as being the "most likely" to have produced this mount never actually made them.

The plot thickens!......the mount is obviously extremely well engineered by sombody - but who?