Thread: Fitting a Scope to a 300S and 601.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    It's still possible to adjust the parallax free distance. 10m is close range, but it should be possible to significantly reduce the parallax error you are seeing, if not fully remove it.

Here's a link showing what is involved. It's one of those jobs that is easier to do than write an explanation of.
    Thanks for the link.

The scope I have does not have a removeable end section to hold the front lens - only the threaded lens retaining ring inside the scope outer case, so I am guessing this will make it a whole lot harder to adjust as some form or spacer will also have to be inserted behind the lens.

I will take a look and see how practical it wil be to do this. Maybe I have the wrong scope and it would be better to sell it or exchange it for something more suited or more easilly corrected for 10 metre use?
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

That 601 mount as I mentioned earlie has a somewhat 'Sportsmatch' appearance to it - have you tried asking Sportsmatch if it was something they might have made?
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    The scope I have does not have a removeable end section to hold the front lens - only the threaded lens retaining ring inside the scope outer case...
    I sure I reparallaxed one of these and it had a "normal" locking ring on the front objective. It was probably 10+ years ago, so possibly a Mk1 version of the scope?

It might be worth asking the question in the regular "Airgun Section" to see if anyone has recent experience/knowledge. Don't give up on it yet.

Have you thought about putting out a shout for the folks with access to milling machines etc? They may be able to modify something for you.

Bing!

running target 601

I have a running target 601 all I have is a set of very high scope rings. the loading port just barely clears the scope. I got the rifle second hand and it came with the scope and rings. The scope is a normal leopold 4 power with modified posts for running target

Conversion of a Feinwerkbau C60 CO2 Match Air Rifle to a Field Target version

Here's some more sauce for the goose:

Conversion of a Feinwerkbau C60 CO2 Match Air Rifle to a Field Target version.

http://www.co2air.de/wbb3/index.php?...threadid=17935

for pictures and

http://translate.google.co.uk/transl...ed=0CC0Q7gEwAQ

For English

Nice!

I have a C60 now but it will stay in its native form
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection

Fwb c60

Hi Chris did you say you have a FWB C60 , where did that come from ? and will the Suffolk County Rifle Association 10m team have to make space for a new shooter.

Malc

Hi Malc,

Yep, I've just got a C60, don't tell the missus

I'll PM you....
    I plink therefore I am
    Weihrauch HW100S Air Arms S400 GinB Feinwerkbau C60 Weihrauch HW77K Steyr LP10 Feinwerkbau C55 Brocock Aim-X Gamo Compact Weihrauch HW40 Click here to see my collection