Thread: Insurance ....?

Insurance ....?

We are all collectors: some more some than others.
    Which brings me to the question of Insurance: Has anyone got their collection, shotguns / firearms insured ??
    I’ve been pondering this for a while, and am led to believe it’s ridiculously expensive.
    Any experience of this out there ???

Thanks,

Sam

It is, with every item over a certain value having to be itemised, and values updated on a fairly regular basis if you want to maintain full cover, as with most collectables I believe.

insurance

actually mine are on the house insurance it didnt cost any extra either, as long as each item is under 1k its covered normally,anything over its best to start itemising,and if you claim they need pics and reciepts if you have them...actually we got burgled 3 years ago and my collection which is on the wall upstairs was untouched,they took the missus jewelery and my sons x box and things but left the guns..

I think that will depend on the value of your airgun collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I think that will depend on the value of your airgun collection.
    no. definetely not, it all depends on individual gun value, you only have to itemise if guns if they are over 1k a piece, and there are not that many air rifles that command that sort of price!!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam99 View Post

We are all collectors: some more some than others.
    Which brings me to the question of Insurance: Has anyone got their collection, shotguns / firearms insured ??
    I’ve been pondering this for a while, and am led to believe it’s ridiculously expensive.
    Any experience of this out there ???

Thanks,

Sam
    I have checked and double checked and my home contents insurance which is with Direct Line covers my rifle collection up to a value of £10,000 for no extra on my premium. Sometimes this is too little, some times too much, but given the organic nature of my gun collecting remit, more often than not, this is usually about right.

Hope this (sort of) helps . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.