Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best pellets to use in mk1 rapid

bennyblanco Guest
    my rapid barrel need cleaning every 1-200 shots, you could also try removing the silencer just to rule out a couple more things.

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny
    tried jsb,aa 5.52,aa 5.51 ,accuppels,logun penetraters,ft trophys ,premiers,
    magnums,4 different scopes guns been back twice already.best groups at 30 yds benching 2 inch (im getting a refund)

have you tryed using the gun with out a mag?just feed it by hand for a couple of groups and see if there is any improvment.

kevG

vinny Guest
    its been back to have a new barrel on thats what the problem was they said,
    ive single loaded them,taken silencer off,they gave it a full service at same time,ive tried 4 different scopes wich are perfect on other guns,im baffled

bennyblanco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kevG
    have you tryed using the gun with out a mag?just feed it by hand for a couple of groups and see if there is any improvment.

kevG

how small are your little girl thumbs Kev? it takes me a good minute to load each pellet with no mag.
    someone did have mag trouble though, cant remember what the problem was now

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mark_hammond
    how small are your little girl thumbs Kev? it takes me a good minute to load each pellet with no mag.
    someone did have mag trouble though, cant remember what the problem was now
    ive got big thumbs,all ten of of them but ive done it so many times its easy ive had a couple of mag problems which i managed to sort out,plus a bad barrel(theoben anschutz.22)out of true bore line,which caused breach loading problems,was ok with 7 shot mags and by hand but no good with 12 shot mags.ive still got the barrel,saving it for when i go to theoben as they dont believe me.no it was not the pellets or the micky mouse chrono

kevG

vinny Guest
    yea same ere thumbs like black pudding, get my misses to do it ,shes got little dainty hands

Out of interest did you get this gun fixed? What was the problem?

Baz

kevG Guest
    yes i would like to know to.i wish one would keep one up to speed old chap

kevG

My money is on faulty mag

Baz

Arrow

Quote from SNOCK: incidently do many of you use beasty magnums in your FAC rapids?

Yes I do. At the time I bought my first FAC Rapid it was the pellet recommended by Theoben. I find them very good but they obviously 'droop' more than the lighter AA Fields which also go well. I have not used JSB Exacts but I am sure they will go really well too. I still use Bismags because I have a large stock of them!
    When I bought my Rapid 2 FAC, Theoben specifically told us NOT to use Accupells and Bengarzy has posted the reason on another string.

kevG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by baz
    My money is on faulty mag

Baz
    yep mine to,though i may go a each way bet on the barrel there again he could just be a c@p shot.

kevG

vinny Guest
    hey guys,40 yds with my mates rapid benching 12 shots in a 1 pence piece,no seriously it was supposedly the mag it was machined i think it was throwing flyers on every 3rd 9th 11th shot ,after it was serviced and magazine sorted ,i saw him put 24 shots down same hole at 20 yds( excellent service very helpfull) not blaming or slandering very nice man) got home 20yds banging pellet on pellet boring,today set target at 35yds bench resting after 3 mags through it i was gutted it was spraying them everywhere just the odd one touching , ive not touched the gun since it was done on tuesday only zeroed it using the recommend pellets. i give up ive been shooting 16 years and not easily beat this ones beat me
    Last edited by vinny; 18-02-2005 at 06:49 PM.

kevG Guest
    there is a very easy way to improve the mags,ive done it with all mine,it even improves consistency.

kevG

Scooby Do Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kevG
    there is a very easy way to improve the mags,ive done it with all mine,it even improves consistency.

kevG
    Get rid of them and go single shot?