Thread: 10m Kit from Germany - Decent Prices - Eg: FEINWERKBAU

Thumbs up 10m Kit from Germany - Decent Prices - Eg: FEINWERKBAU

...either NEW stock, NEW 'old' stock, or Excellent 2nd hand condition.

In my case, I bought

1. Anschutz 8002 S2 Junior - Spanking NEW a while back

2. Feinwerkabu P70FT Red alutec stock - New old stock bought last week

3. Feinwerkbau P700 BLACK Alutec stock (which will be modded to accept P70Ft action) - Bought today..

Am over the moon for the prices I have paid...the guy is trustworthy and has a good reputation...have enquired for other goodies, so I fully endorse this guy.

On www.eGun.de, he is "offinger"

Name: Jurgen Pfaeffle

Email: ssp-pfaeffle@web.de

Example of current deal >>> LEFT hand Feinwerkbau P70FT stock: http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=3431067

I was told that egun's wouldn't sell/post to the UK is there a legal way round this or is it down to the seller? I've seen two really nice Diana 65 on there, which would be great for my dad after a little work!

Don't fancy spending money on a rifle only to have it stopped by customs, causing issues for them and me!

Many thanks

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by abuc45 View Post
    I was told that egun's wouldn't sell/post to the UK is there a legal way round this or is it down to the seller? I've seen two really nice Diana 65 on there, which would be great for my dad after a little work!

Don't fancy spending money on a rifle only to have it stopped by customs, causing issues for them and me!

Many thanks

Ed

All down to the seller....use Google web browser to read the automatically converted German into English...whoever told you its eGun policy not to mail to UK is talking from their backside

You need to know...there is nothing illegal, in buying long distance either new or second hand from Europe. Either from a shop, or a private individual. Long Distance selling law only applies to UK shops. Doesnt affect the "free trade of goods and services and movement" through Europe. Have bought so many UK legal limit rifles on eGuns, it's a joke not more UK buyers dont choose to shop on eGun....and just as well ! I wouldn't want to compete on the bidding !

On top of that, just do a search on this forum as it's been discussed before...

Try signing up...and email the seller of your choice...trial and error using Google Translator...but where there is a will there is a way.

Final note, MOST only accept wire transfer, so check their feedback ratings...and very few accept PayPal...but this chap I recommend does, and he sells quality stuff.

Best of Luck..

Talking

Thanks for that will try something cheap first, saying that one of the Diana's was only €35

Many thanks

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by abuc45 View Post
    Thanks for that will try something cheap first, saying that one of the Diana's was only €35

Many thanks

Ed
    Youre welcome

BTW, last final point...air gun or part is of course delivered straight to your doorstep...no need for it to go to your local RFD. So just ask whoever, for the tracking ref number and presto ! In UK within 5 working days

Do let us all know when you do your first transaction and how was the experience...

Cheers and ATB

As far as I know it is only the DHL carrier company that will no longer handle any air weapons or spare parts related to air weapons.

The is the actual situation and it has also affected some German manufacturers who had used them previously.

Some private sellers on eGun will no longer sell to the UK because of this. I lost a P40 I had won on the eGun auction as the seller was not able to send it to me by German Post/DHL.

The German Post Office was an easy, effective, and inexpensive way for private sellers in Germany to send their air weapons and spare parts to us here in the UK.

Now this has been changed, some of the sellers do not want to spend the time to find an alternative carrier to do the job for them, so they choose not sell to us in the UK any more.

It seems like the seller named here is prepared to make the effort and find a carrier that will work with him. Lets hope the other German sellers talk to each other so they find out who they can use instead of DHL.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-08-2011 at 11:37 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Well, it's a shame you haven't read this thread....

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....highlight=Egun

DHL decision was a corporate decision and NOT German law...as far as other couriers...sellers can use www.dpd.de AND guess what ? Have just received my 2 Fwb alustocks from Germany

Information from German seller by email is quoted in other thread.

Am still a happy to continue shopping on eGun...it works for me and saves me dosh over unavailable parts and pieces, whole guns that are priced too expensively in UK etc...

Obviously before bidding on an item on eGun, is to contact the seller BEFOREHAND, and ask how much for postage or courier to UK. This is for those sellers clearly stating they do not object to sending the part or gun outside Germany. Take into account the sellers feedback and rating, and as long as they communicate, you are decreasing the odds of things going badly. Furthermore, a lot of sellers are businesses, and they sometimes quote the Euro Zone rate for P&P....so they are actually rather clued up contrary to what you say...perhaps down to your personal experience it's not worked out ?

PS: the courier service is only about Euro 20... To a max of Euro30 for an air gun; AND you only need to tell the seller about www.dpd.de...and thats what I paid for each Fwb alu stock.
    Last edited by JG66; 10-08-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Hi JG66 - reagrding your comment "Well, it's a shame you haven't read this thread..." - I have read it and it confirms what I have also found to be the case, but I also enjoy buying from eGun and recommend it to anyone who is looking to save a few quid over the typical UK prices.

I have found a couple of good buys, but mainly use it as a source for models that I cannot find for sale anywhere in the UK - such as the P40 pistol I have been looking for for some months now (still looking).

Club members can also benefit by using eGun as it can help them to get a target weapon at a price they can afford. We started a new club this year and know that not everyone can afford to buy a good target weapon without the help of sites like eGun.

eGun sellers previously found it very easy to take the airweapon they sold to UK buyers and drop it into their local post office, and they would then send it by the most appropiate service - often their own DHL carrier.

Now DHL will no longer officially accept anything air weapons related it makes it just a bit more difficult for them to send to the UK, with the result that some sellers will no longer offer to sell to us in the UK.

Others have found alternative ways to send to the UK, and some just send by DHL in any case and don't declare the contents, but I am guessing this is a bit risky if for some reason the parcel should be inspected.

You have found a seller recently that works for you, and it is good that you have chosen to share it with the rest of us because it can benefit us all.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-08-2011 at 11:23 PM. Reason: spellin mistooks - sorry!

I buy from 3 main sellers - private individuals....and to date, none of what you said has affected ANY of my transactions: whether for a few quid type items, or high ticket items in the Euro 800+ to Euro1200+ range.

Its not even an issue for the German sellers, as much as you imply, that Its a regular recurring problem, that somehow UK buyers can not buy with 100% confidence...how many email replies did you actually receive from German sellers stating this ?

eGun ads are clear- either they say NO OUTSIDE GERMANY SALE, or if the buyer is from Europe, please email for a price quote - isnt that clear enough ?

Anyhow, let readers decide for themselves.

Here is the problem with your statements -

eGun sellers previously found it very easy to take the airweapon they sold to UK buyers and drop it into their local post office, and DPD would then send it by the most appropiate service - often their own DHL carrier.

DPD & DHL are 2 different companies; DHL has stopped dealing with airguns & parts; readers can see you are mixing up the 2 on purpose. Why does a seller drop it off at the post office, and then "DPD send it by the most appropriate service" ? What are you talking about ? DPD is NOT Deutsche Post ..., I repeat DPD is a courier company. Click on the link here: www.dpd.de - the Initials stand for DYNAMIC PARCEL DISTRIBUTION...and NOTHING to do with 'Deutsche Post".

Now DPD will no longer officially accept anything air weapons related it makes it just a bit more difficult for them to send to the UK, with the result that some sellers will no longer offer to sell to us in the UK.

DPD & DHL mixed up again; DHL is a courier company; DPD is also a courier company; are you talking on the behalf of MANY German sellers ? or the interest of your pocket

Others have found alternative ways to send to the UK, and some just send by DPD in any case and don't declare the contents, but I am guessing this is a bit risky if for some reason the parcel should be inspected.

there is no confiscation either by UK or German customs... nothing dodgy or illegal committed- Free Trade of Goods & Services is allowed in Europe.

Let the readers decide & understand where you are coming from

Hi JG66 - we have the same message - buying from Germany is simple - but no longer by DHL.

I have only bought two pistols from eGun that I wanted for my FWB collection as I could not find either of them at the price I could afford here in the UK, so although I may not have as much experience as you have with buying from eGun I found it dead easy and would encourage others to give it a try.

Both pistols are superb, and both deals went very smoothly and with no problems.

The senders receipts were sent for me by email to track them all the way, and they were both delivered by a DHL van - no problems at all - and both got here very quickly.

Both these pistols were sent to me from the post office local to the sellers as their receipts proved, so it did seems clear enough to me that the German postal system and DHL worked together to give the best possible service.

It was a brilliant service and I was very impressed at just how easy it was to buy from eGun.

The third pistol I wanted to buy for myself was not sent as the seller reported the problem you have referred to regarding the new policy of DHL not to handle anything related to air weapons any longer.

He had advertised international delivery, but his advert was at the time when the DHL changes were announced and he did not have time to find an alternative carrier so he changed his mind.

This was the sellers choice, and so I will keep looking on eGun until I can find another good one as it is probably my best bet to find one at a price I can afford.

One of the previous sellers I bought from tells me he has now found a good alternative to DHL and reports no problems at all sending to the UK with his new carrier.

I will ask when I find the pistol I am looking for if the seller will use DPD as it does seem to work well for you, and the prices you quote are good too.
    Last edited by zooma; 10-08-2011 at 11:39 PM.

Received my FAS 604 sight extension in this morning's post, which I won on egun for 1 eur. Very pleased with the system,and the seller, whole thing took only a week after auction close.
    Evo 10 Compact.