Thread: vintage year

vintage year

Can anyone tell me what year is the cut off point for a air rifle or pistol to be classed as a vintage ?

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor2005 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what year is the cut off point for a air rifle or pistol to be classed as a vintage ?
    There is a lengthy thread about this on the American Vintage Airguns forum. I don't know if a link is permitted here, so you might have to google it.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Thank you for the info on this i will go and have a look, so does this mean that the given year is a world wide vintage date or just in the states.

Cheers

I don't think there's any such thing as an "official" definition of what constitutes a vintage airgun. Some might say the end of WW2, or the beginning of it, others would say the 1950s and even '60s were "vintage" years. I would agree with all these views.

That AVA thread is here: http://www.network54.com/Forum/405945/thread/1312510164
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.