Thread: Titan Mohawk - fitting a Bipod

Titan Mohawk - fitting a Bipod

Dear friends

I would like to fit a Bipod to my .22 Mohawk as it's a heavy beast and the bunnnies deserve ultimate accuracy which I can't provide (when I have tried at paper) when hand held over long periods.

I really don't want to drill the lovely Walnut to fit a stud.

Is there another way with one of these lumpy (but beautiful) SSPs?

Thanks
    Matty
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I've got an old 'monoscope' tripod that I am having a padded, 'U' shaped cradle made for, to rest my heavy springers on. Three legs beat two anytime on uneven ground and I can adjust the height from prone to standing if required.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Good idea Eric

I'll make something similar

No reason that it needs to be physically attached to the gun

Cheers!
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

I suddently had a brainwave yesterday

I removed the M6 Barrel band screw from the underside of the stock and replaced it with an M6 allen-head bolt which has a cut-down Swivel Stud JB Welded into it

Looks very neat and works a dream as a bunny found out last night

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I suddently had a brainwave yesterday

I removed the M6 Barrel band screw from the underside of the stock and replaced it with an M6 allen-head bolt which has a cut-down Swivel Stud JB Welded into it

Looks very neat and works a dream as a bunny found out last night

In the words of Punch, 'that's the way to do it!!' - and the stock remains undamaged.

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Herpquest View Post
    In the words of Punch, 'that's the way to do it!!' - and the stock remains undamaged.

ATB
    Eric
    Indeed and i have taken the precuation of puting the original screw into a well labelled small transparent bag (well oiled up to prevent any corrosion) so that it won't go the same way as so many gun bits which get "put somewhere safe"

I am rather chuffed with this simple fix and the attachment point is very good in terms of the balance of the gun.

Cheers
    Matty
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 18-08-2011 at 12:10 PM.