Thread: Idea stolen from Punchsteve

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Let me have a think about this one.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Let me have a think about this one.
    You don't need to think too long - I nearly winged you with the ricochet from that Turkish break barrel Typhoon at the club the other week - even you were impressed at just how bad a Webley could be

I nominate the Turkish Tempest as it fulfils all of the requirements - cheap, nasty and inaccurate - despite the nice video review of it here on the BBS that is not what we experienced with an almost new example we had the displeasure of shooting recently.

From the crap rear sight to the boingy spring loaded pistol grip this model will take some beating in the hall of horrors.

It did fail on one point however - when the rubbish plastic rear sight fell apart Chambers had one in stock - does this make it ineligible ? In its defence I would say it was so bad that spare parts have to be available on a regular basis so maybe this could be taken into account?

........anybody want to buy a nice boxed example - almost new - fifty quid ?........with a free tin of pellets?

Nah - I thought not - this one will be a keeper - but not for the usual reasons
    Last edited by zooma; 16-04-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You don't need to think too long - I nearly winged you with the ricochet from that Turkish break barrel Typhoon at the club the other week - even you were impressed at just how bad a Webley could be

I nominate the Turkish Tempest as it fulfils all of the requirements - cheap, nasty and inaccurate - despite the nice video review of it here on the BBS that is not what we experienced with an almost new example we had the displeasure of shooting recently.

From the crap rear sight to the boingy spring loaded pistol grip this model will take some beating in the hall of horrors.

........anybody want to buy a nice boxed example - almost new - fifty quid ?........with a free tin of pellets?

Nah - I thought not - this one will be a keeper - but not for the usual reasons
    You could send it to tinbum for a set of delrin guides & slip washers? Maybe it needs the power taken down a bit too?

I'm sending him my Tempest after Easter, hoping it can be accurated in some way

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    You could send it to tinbum for a set of delrin guides & slip washers? Maybe it needs the power taken down a bit too?

I'm sending him my Tempest after Easter, hoping it can be accurated in some way
    Sending him my Turkish Tempest would be a bit like polishing a turd I would say - absolutely no point at all.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Sending him my Turkish Tempest would be a bit like polishing a turd I would say - absolutely no point at all.
    Do you mean Tempest, Bob? Or that aweful new Typhoon you bought?

People have been saying the 'new Tempests' are pretty good!?
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 17-04-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Do you mean Tempest, Bob? Or that aweful new Typhoon you bought?

People have been saying the 'new Tempests' are pretty good!?
    I have two Turkish Tempests one in each calibre, and have been pleasantly surprised with their overall quality and accuracy. Both pistols compare well with my original "Brummie" made examples, the .177 variants being understandably the more accurate. The build standard and triggers are also comparable and I particularly like the use of solid roll pins to hold the Turkish pistol together rather than the hollow ones on the original. I did have an initial problem with an ill fitting breech seal on one of the Turkish pistols, but this was easily remedied and has been fine ever since. Although I have come to like the Tempest, in my opinion anyway, it falls well short of the earlier all steel Webley models.

Regards

Brian

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Never had many pistols but I have had a "Gat" !
    Just a couple of "clicks" above a Spud Gun !
    Cant hit a barn door with my Acvoke but in NO WAY is it a crap pistol !
    “An airgun or two”………

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I was also going to say Harrington Gat and G10 Repeater!
    Owned a few when I was a kid!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I got an SP50 back in the 70's & found it wouldn't hit a barn from inside, after a bit of deliberation I decided it was due to the amount of play on the pop out barrel as it popped out. I made a sleeve from a Coke can to take up the slack, result! I could hit the barn from inside.