Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idea stolen from Punchsteve

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    I was also going to say Harrington Gat and G10 Repeater!
    Owned a few when I was a kid!

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

I got an SP50 back in the 70's & found it wouldn't hit a barn from inside, after a bit of deliberation I decided it was due to the amount of play on the pop out barrel as it popped out. I made a sleeve from a Coke can to take up the slack, result! I could hit the barn from inside.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I second that G10 peice of s*** as automatic (no pun intended) winner (or rather, loser)!

As a kid, I wanted one so badly for so long it was painful... 10 shot repeater was it? Give me a break! BBs would just roll out of the barrel before I could try shooting it... And I could ill afford BBs!!

In a glossy photo - the thing looked mean like a A1911... In reality my old Gat was like a FWB in comparison... I was so so so gutted...

I wish I'd kept it though
    As soon as G10 was mentioned, the winner was found!!!

They have to be the worst pistol (In fact, worst 'anything' ever made!!)

I believe they can still be bought, Probably from SMK

G10

I've never actually owned a Gat but do have an Original mod2 and it's a smashing little plinker!! Wouldn't swap it for a dozen G10's

PS, I bought the LP2 off here and it was very cheap, it's a little smasher too!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Our RFD has unearthed three new in box G10s.
    Get in!
    As they say these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Do you mean Tempest, Bob? Or that aweful new Typhoon you bought?

People have been saying the 'new Tempests' are pretty good!?
    I have two Turkish Tempests one in each calibre, and have been pleasantly surprised with their overall quality and accuracy. Both pistols compare well with my original "Brummie" made examples, the .177 variants being understandably the more accurate. The build standard and triggers are also comparable and I particularly like the use of solid roll pins to hold the Turkish pistol together rather than the hollow ones on the original. I did have an initial problem with an ill fitting breech seal on one of the Turkish pistols, but this was easily remedied and has been fine ever since. Although I have come to like the Tempest, in my opinion anyway, it falls well short of the earlier all steel Webley models.

Regards

Brian