Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea stolen from Punchsteve

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Red face Idea stolen from Punchsteve

I had a pm from Punchsteve yesterday where he came up with a "top Trumps" game for crap pistols. Feel free to add your own
    Ro71
    Ro72 + artillery
    Manuarm
    Gat
    Diana model 2
    Gnat
    Zenit ( I remember the flying endcap)
    Chinese pistol
    modern Webley Typhoon
    you can score extra points for not being able to hit a thing,being dangerous to use,difficult to strip/get parts for and just being "as crap as a crap thing"
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

You need to come up with the scoring criteria...

Value - The lower the better

Accuracy - Largest 10M group wins

Spares - Hopefully there are none

How foolish one looks holding it - The more foolish the better

BSA Bucaneer anyone?

Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

What about the Italian made 'BLITZ' airgun?
    Absolute crap!
    Not enough power to get a pellet past the muzzle! The only way to hit a target at
    10 metres, is to throw the ruddy gun at it!
    ATB,
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    You need to come up with the scoring criteria...

Value - The lower the better

Accuracy - Largest 10M group wins

Spares - Hopefully there are none

How foolish one looks holding it - The more foolish the better

BSA Bucaneer anyone?

G10 a clear winner. That 2'' smooth bore barrel and fisher price build quality. Truely dreadful!

Gnat

I know perfectly well that the Gnat (not Gat) is a "crap" gun to use, but if anyone has a boxed example, I would be very happy to pay a good price for it. Alternatively, I would be willing to swap it for a "mint" (!) boxed Chinese S2 pistol.
    Last edited by webman; 09-08-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Exclamation crap pistols

can you take the Diana model 2 off this list please as I still have mine, in my day it was the first one you bought

Quote Originally Posted by middaycowboy View Post
    can you take the Diana model 2 off this list please as I still have mine, in my day it was the first one you bought
    Agreed. I bought one recently for nostalgia sake, as it was my first air pistol.
    My dad came with me when I bought it, from Ken's Western Store, in Manor Park. I remember a friend tried to make a copy of it in the school metalwork class without the teacher knowing. I think he got as far as making the pellet probe.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

Quote Originally Posted by oneseven View Post
    G10 a clear winner. That 2'' smooth bore barrel and fisher price build quality. Truely dreadful!
    I second that G10 peice of s*** as automatic (no pun intended) winner (or rather, loser)!

As a kid, I wanted one so badly for so long it was painful... 10 shot repeater was it? Give me a break! BBs would just roll out of the barrel before I could try shooting it... And I could ill afford BBs!!

In a glossy photo - the thing looked mean like a A1911... In reality my old Gat was like a FWB in comparison... I was so so so gutted...

I wish I'd kept it though

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would sneak it in here.

Somebody sent me a Gat the other day. It was a black one with a plastic safety catch on it. I undid the screw at the back and saw that the probe had broken off. I tried a pellet in it anyhow and after cocking and firing 3 times, the pellet dropped out of the barrel. Giving it a chance, I tried again with similar results. "OH CRAP. I AM GOING TO HAVE TO STRIP THE BLOODY THING"
    First thing I did was to drill out the broken probe. I had a idea to use a bit of a broken 3/32 punch in there, but it was not long enough, so I used a broken drill shank. A bit of pound shop epoxy in the hole and on the shank seemed to do the job.
    I pushed the plastic sleeve down on the barrel to get a grip of it and tried to turn the endcap. I could not shift it, so I lightly drilled the peened over bit on the barrel and tried again and it came undone. When the barrel came out of the back, I noticed that there was no washer on it The gun did not look like it had been stripped this far before, so maybe it had disintegrated and been slowly spat out? I cut 2 leather discs and punched small holes in them and slid them on the barrel. I then tried to trim them up a bit with a Stanley knife but it was a bit awkward. I soaked them in meths and pushed them and the barrel into the cylinder backwards to form. I had made a new thin washer for the front of the cylinder and cleaned up the mental washer, so once the meths soaked ones had taken shape, I used a bit of gn paste and sm50 and put the barrel back in. Gn paste on the plastic and a bit of LT2 on the mainspring. The end cap/nut went back on pretty easily. Gun cocked, pellet inserted and it worked!
    Yes it is crap. Aim a bit to the right and you can hit tin cans with it.
    I dont want one though, so this one will be given a new home at the weekend.
    Have I done my time with crap pistols now?
    Last edited by ggggr; 16-04-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Let me have a think about this one.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Let me have a think about this one.
    You don't need to think too long - I nearly winged you with the ricochet from that Turkish break barrel Typhoon at the club the other week - even you were impressed at just how bad a Webley could be

I nominate the Turkish Tempest as it fulfils all of the requirements - cheap, nasty and inaccurate - despite the nice video review of it here on the BBS that is not what we experienced with an almost new example we had the displeasure of shooting recently.

From the crap rear sight to the boingy spring loaded pistol grip this model will take some beating in the hall of horrors.

It did fail on one point however - when the rubbish plastic rear sight fell apart Chambers had one in stock - does this make it ineligible ? In its defence I would say it was so bad that spare parts have to be available on a regular basis so maybe this could be taken into account?

........anybody want to buy a nice boxed example - almost new - fifty quid ?........with a free tin of pellets?

Nah - I thought not - this one will be a keeper - but not for the usual reasons
    Last edited by zooma; 16-04-2014 at 11:54 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    You don't need to think too long - I nearly winged you with the ricochet from that Turkish break barrel Typhoon at the club the other week - even you were impressed at just how bad a Webley could be

I nominate the Turkish Tempest as it fulfils all of the requirements - cheap, nasty and inaccurate - despite the nice video review of it here on the BBS that is not what we experienced with an almost new example we had the displeasure of shooting recently.

From the crap rear sight to the boingy spring loaded pistol grip this model will take some beating in the hall of horrors.

........anybody want to buy a nice boxed example - almost new - fifty quid ?........with a free tin of pellets?

Nah - I thought not - this one will be a keeper - but not for the usual reasons
    You could send it to tinbum for a set of delrin guides & slip washers? Maybe it needs the power taken down a bit too?

I'm sending him my Tempest after Easter, hoping it can be accurated in some way

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    You could send it to tinbum for a set of delrin guides & slip washers? Maybe it needs the power taken down a bit too?

I'm sending him my Tempest after Easter, hoping it can be accurated in some way
    Sending him my Turkish Tempest would be a bit like polishing a turd I would say - absolutely no point at all.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Sending him my Turkish Tempest would be a bit like polishing a turd I would say - absolutely no point at all.
    Do you mean Tempest, Bob? Or that aweful new Typhoon you bought?

People have been saying the 'new Tempests' are pretty good!?
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 17-04-2014 at 11:49 AM.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Never had many pistols but I have had a "Gat" !
    Just a couple of "clicks" above a Spud Gun !
    Cant hit a barn door with my Acvoke but in NO WAY is it a crap pistol !
    “An airgun or two”………