Thread: Leaky Daisy 717

Leaky Daisy 717

I recently obtained a second hand Daisy 717 that was working but started to get resistance to the cocking lever when it was about 3" away from the cylinder, not the 1 1/2" specified in the manual. Another strange thing was if you part pumped the lever (just closing it half way then pump again) the closing resistance increased. As a result I decided to strip it down (using the guides that are available), clean the parts & relube, now it dosen't hold air. As you close the pump lever air can be heard leaking out around the breech area even with the action cocked, there is also some resistance when opening the lever. If the action is not cocked & the lever pumped air can be heard going through the barrel on both opening & closing strokes. Can anyone suggest what the problem may be.
    Thanks
    Greg

Sounds like the valve o-ring.

Simple fix.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    Sounds like the valve o-ring.

Simple fix.
    Thanks for the reply, very simple fix indeed, I can order an o ring set from Daisy in the USA, but if I knew the o ring dimensions I could find one in the UK.
    ATB
    Greg

It's a while since I had a Daisy 717, but going from memory, is there any chance you've got the end of the cocking arm located wrong relative to the valve stem and so holding the valve open?

This is the stripdown guide I used :- http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spd747.htm
    Walther CP-2 Match, FAS 604 & Tau 7 target pistols, Smith & Wesson 6" & 4" co2 pistol, Crosman 1377,
    Baikal IZH 53 pistol, Gamo CFX Royal,177, Umarex SA-10 CO2 pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
    Thanks for the reply, very simple fix indeed, I can order an o ring set from Daisy in the USA, but if I knew the o ring dimensions I could find one in the UK.
    ATB
    Greg
    When mine went I bought a packet of mixed o-rings a Halfords.

I have now got a big set I bought from Aldi and resealed a mates 717 with them last month.
    Zastava Owners Club.

Quote Originally Posted by derekm View Post
    It's a while since I had a Daisy 717, but going from memory, is there any chance you've got the end of the cocking arm located wrong relative to the valve stem and so holding the valve open?

This is the stripdown guide I used :- http://www.pilkguns.com/tenp/spd747.htm
    I checked that it was all assembled correctly, took the pump assy out with the barrel fitted, pumped the pump lever & the barrel/valve block assy popped out. If I hold the lot together & pump the lever the air escapes.
    ATB
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by JD75 View Post
    When mine went I bought a packet of mixed o-rings a Halfords.

I have now got a big set I bought from Aldi and resealed a mates 717 with them last month.
    Unfortunately we don't have an Aldi, so I'll have to pop down to Halfords.
    ATB
    Greg

Did you get it fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by JacobJones View Post
    Did you get it fixed?
    I most certainly did, ordered some spares from Daisy including valves, unfortunately the new ones leaked (different shape head). Fitted new O rings & the original valve with new o ring, everything works fine now. Thanks for asking.
    Regards
    Greg