Thread: Accuracy - recoilless - DIana 54

Accuracy - recoilless - DIana 54

Hi

Was reading a guys blog on the Diana 54. He said that he was expecting very good accuracy from it because its recoilless system translated into an artillery hold for the action, no matter where his hands were. I think he got 0.5 inch groups at 35 yards. However a TX200 mark III he tested earlier got 0.35 inch groups at 35 yards. Is this common? How do Diana 54 do in accruacy practically?

Regards
    Mark

I used to have a 54,couldn't hit a barn door with it,and it wrecked scopes...now got a hw95k with a v mach kit which I find much sweeter..don't know whether the problem with the 54 was me or its fault.

I had a 54 a few years ago, the recoiless system didn't seem to make much differance, and when it went wrong I tried to get it fixed - NIGHTMARE ! scrapped it in the end, better off with AA or HW, consistant hold = accuracy.

I shoot my M54 at 50yds and plink around off a bench. Mother's heavy. I have a custom spring kit from Jim Maccari. Probably about 15FPE. JSB exacts. Tunable muzzle brake. Trigger modifications, but it's probably too light for most folks. Slider alterations. Sightron Big Sky 6-24x42. After all these mods it's accurate as any airgun....easy. Took me a long time to get it to perfection but it's there now and I love it.