Thread: red dot for run and gun?

Question red dot for run and gun?

Hi guys, i have been using my ruger 10/22 for hunting and not using my cz mod 2 which is super accurate, so im thinking to use the bolt action for my hunting again, and trying to start a little run and gun course. So i have been looking at some red dot sights and come across the jsr red dot and also the nikko sterling, both on the jsr website.

I am looking for some advice from anybody who has used either of these before,and are they worth while or a waste of time. I have never used red dots before, just rifle scopes, obviosly they wont be as accurate at range but how would they cope at say 50 yards.

Any advice much apreciated
    mark

O and the redt dot is for the ruger. Oops.
    P.s scopes is plural as i am reffering to using more than one in the past and not at the same time. Sorry, just a little jab at another thread on here.
    Last edited by mark01856; 20-08-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Any info?

I think i should enquire elsewhere.lol.
    Cheers to the people who took time to view my post

Mark, red dots are the most common sight used in mini rifle and there are a good fifty to choose from - I dont know the two you are referring to but I favour the JPoint sight - its unobtrusive and excellent quality - made in the UK to !!

No matter what you get - spend a bit more and buy quality - not crap as you will regret it in the long run.

Mike