Thread: BSA Airsporter mk2 Stock wanted

BSA Airsporter mk2 Stock wanted

Hi all, I've been passed on with a BSA Airsporter mk2 and is minus the stock, does anyone have a half decient stock that they have gathering dust and also a end of barrel sight?.

Many thanks for any advice or pointing me in a direction to find the parts required.

Cheers

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi and welcome to the best bit of the BBS . May take some time to find a genuine sight hood (took me best part of four years), but stocks do pop up from time to time when people break rifles that are past the point of no return (these examples have usually lost their front sight hoods), so be ready to jump quickly if you do see a stock or sight hood offered, as they won't be around for long . Atb and once again welcome to the best bit of the BBS . Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

edbear2 Guest
    Again, Hi and welcome........I am reading your post as meaning your front sight is just a ramp with a slot in it, and the insert is missing?........If this is the case, they are often on that well known auction site that starts with E and is 4 letters long (we are not allowed to say the actual word on here!).

This insert is flat on top, and radiused at the base, with a countersunk hole, and is secured by a small grub screw which you may or not have.

Stock wise, as Gareth says really, they are quite hard to find in good condition, and normally sell quickly!...again these do pop up on "that site", but expect to pay £40-50 for a decent one as there is normally a lot of competition.

Good luck in any event, would be nice to get another one back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi and welcome to the best bit of the BBS . May take some time to find a genuine sight hood (took me best part of four years), but stocks do pop up from time to time when people break rifles that are past the point of no return (these examples have usually lost their front sight hoods), so be ready to jump quickly if you do see a stock or sight hood offered, as they won't be around for long . Atb and once again welcome to the best bit of the BBS . Gareth W-B.
    Great thanks for the advice so far, how hard would it be to copy a sight hood, as I have facilites to make a few bits, is there anywhere I can find drawings or sketches of the parts required?, or could loan one perhaps to copy....long shot I know, or otherwise keep tabs if someone is selling an airsporter in bits and pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by wookster View Post
    Great thanks for the advice so far, how hard would it be to copy a sight hood, as I have facilites to make a few bits, is there anywhere I can find drawings or sketches of the parts required?, or could loan one perhaps to copy....long shot I know, or otherwise keep tabs if someone is selling an airsporter in bits and pieces.
    There is someone on the BBS that already makes the sight hoods - try a search. It is genuine ones which are hard to come by.

With due respect to previous posters, I would be amazed if you can pick up an unsplit stock for less than £80. MAG had one for sale a couple of years back for £100.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Thanks for the advice all, if the stock is hard to find, is another stock suitable for the workings of the airsporter, ie a mercury mk1 stock or something, i was just wondering if it could be a standard stock, long shot I know but you never know!.

Cheers

Your best bet is to try and buy a complete gun - there is, for example a mk1 for sale for £75 at the moment.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.