Thread: fas 604

fas 604

Bought one of these recently, new, from a entirely reputable source. trigger is good, general build quality ain't bad but its wildly inconsistent. If I close it on the compression stroke very quickly and firmly it seems to get a fairly consistent charge, but anything less than quickly and firmly and it appears to get an incomplete charge and the pellet often drops completely below the target. This makes target shooting pointless. Is this a "they all do that, sir" or have I got a bad 'un that I should take back to the dealer? Or am I just doing something wrong?

regards
    fc

Quote Originally Posted by fcat View Post
    Bought one of these recently, new, from a entirely reputable source. trigger is good, general build quality ain't bad but its wildly inconsistent. If I close it on the compression stroke very quickly and firmly it seems to get a fairly consistent charge, but anything less than quickly and firmly and it appears to get an incomplete charge and the pellet often drops completely below the target. This makes target shooting pointless. Is this a "they all do that, sir" or have I got a bad 'un that I should take back to the dealer? Or am I just doing something wrong?

regards
    fc
    Hi there.Going by a second hand one that i own,there's something wrong with yours.It doesnt matter how quickly or slowly i close the overlever i have never had a pellet drop short at all...

Yes I second what elewis wrote. I would suggest contacting the seller. There must be a leaking seal. Are you opening the barrel/cocking arm completely each time ?
    Last edited by silvershooter; 18-08-2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: added a point
    Evo 10 Compact.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

FAS

Excellent pistol, sounds like the seal has gone, this is a common problem with second hand FAS 604's. There are cheap seals for these on e-**y but they are cr*p, and are generaly bodged in by people who think they know how to work on a pistol. The original and correct seals last for ever if fitted correctly the cheapo's bodged in don't!
    Contact Robert Cleverly at Checkmate guns at Chorley Lancs 01257 260132 he will service and fit the correct new seals (very reasonably) and you will have a great pistol that will last you for ages.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Sorry, I should have looked properly, age thing! Missed you said NEW, the seals are gone or dirt has got in them, the FAS is quite susceptable to dirt in the valve seat.
    This is definately a fault and should be resolved by the dealer FoC.
    Good shooting
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Keep the faith!

Keep faith in the FAS 604 and get it fixed.

It is a good and reliable target pistol, so if your new one has a problem take it back to the dealer and ask him to fix it or replace it.

The FAS 604 is not generally affected by the speed of the cocking stroke so it probably has a problem with a seal or the valve as has been already suggested.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-08-2011 at 07:53 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.