Thread: yorkshire dales shooting

yorkshire dales shooting

I have a FAS 605 (i think) and was wondering if there are any short range air pistol clubs in the dales. also, what are thbe rules for shooting targets in my back garden?

Kate

Hi Kate, welcome to the forum
    Unless you have an ultra new model not yet seen in these shores or on t'internet you will have either an AP604, single stroke pneumatic or an AP609 precharged pneumatic (has a pressure gauge on the end of the air cylinder under the barrel).

Shooting in the garden is perfectly legal but you MUST ensure no pellets (or ricochets) leave your boundaries, therefore a good back stop is essential; and you must not cause nuisance or alarm if within 50feet of the centre of a public highway to people using it.
    Separate legislation covers noise nuisance but a FAS604 shouldn't be a problem with a suitably quiet target backstop.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by kate.schindler View Post
    I have a FAS 605 (i think) and was wondering if there are any short range air pistol clubs in the dales. also, what are thbe rules for shooting targets in my back garden?

Kate
    Hi,

I reckon the best way to find your nearest club is to call in at you local (or nearest) gun shop and ask them. They usually what goes on in their area.

When shooting at home I am in compliance with the rules but the extra self-imposed rules that I use are:
    1. I try to make sure that I cannot be seen ( I have a neighbour who would complain to the police)
    2. I only shoot when the kids of my street are at school.
    3. I use a muffled pellet catcher. ( An off the shelf pellet catcher stuffed with rags)

Hope you find a club.

paul4be is offline Everything has an end, only the sausage has two
    Hi Kate,
    I'm just down in Richmond.

I shoot at Thorn Dell FTC , near Sedgefield, will check on membership for you if you're interested.

There is a club in Darlington as well, but not sure on the situation with airguns there, or whether they would cater for pistols.
    Good deals with: ali d (twice), mattinlondon, mikemorton, jonboy, the wizard, Moza, markH, fok, gunslinger, Fisherman1, bigwull, mikewareing, TwoTitans,hairydog, airguns, dcl dave, Stuart B, mattie, Locksley, MARK, albrown, kjud, spud, gedfinn2, wasteoid, bullcelt, bunnysniper, wasteoid, pokeandhope, honda+more

Quote Originally Posted by jefL View Post
    Hi Kate, welcome to the forum
    Unless you have an ultra new model not yet seen in these shores or on t'internet you will have either an AP604, single stroke pneumatic or an AP609 precharged pneumatic (has a pressure gauge on the end of the air cylinder under the barrel).

Shooting in the garden is perfectly legal but you MUST ensure no pellets (or ricochets) leave your boundaries, therefore a good back stop is essential; and you must not cause nuisance or alarm if within 50feet of the centre of a public highway to people using it.
    Separate legislation covers noise nuisance but a FAS604 shouldn't be a problem with a suitably quiet target backstop.
    They did also make a 606, an SSP like the 604.