Thread: Benjamin franklin 342

Benjamin franklin 342

Hi,

My friend has a benjamin franklin model 342 airgun that he no longer wants. it is in average condition with scratches to the butt of the stock. i will try and upload a picture. does anyone know roughly how much it is worth?

Many thanks

James

Last edited by youngairgunner; 18-08-2011 at 09:55 PM. Reason: added pictures
    Air Arms s400.177, jsr 6-24x50, bipod, air arms silencer

It's all about condition with these older guns

get a link up to some photos and we can help you with a valuation

I'm not too sure about these but someone will be along soon - Herpquest? Ged?

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

These are collectable rifles, but as Matt says, condition rules. If the initial black nickel finish has worn off, or been polished off to reveal the bronze compression tube and barrel, the value is reduced by half of what it would have been worth WITH the original finish.
    Scratches and small 'bruises' on the stock are tolerated, but cracks in the stock are another value reduction factor.
    Finally, does it hold air and fire successfully? Is there any obvious wear to fulcrum holes in the compression tube?
    Good, clear pictures of the rifle are essential to obtaining an accurate valuation.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

pictures added
    Air Arms s400.177, jsr 6-24x50, bipod, air arms silencer

Thanks for the pictures James. The 342 appears to be in quite good condition, but is missing it's rear sight and the stock is showing significant signs of wear.
    If the rifle holds air and shoots well, I would value it at £140.
    ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!