Thread: Shooting glove fit

Shooting glove fit

Hi guys,

Can someone give me some guidance when looking at getting a well fitting shooting glove.

I've just bought an Anschutz 113 (open finger) shooting glove online, and followed the size chart when choosing the correct size. The glove's turned up today, and I was expecting it to be quite a tight fit, but it's not.

Cheers,

Mark.

Sorry this reply has been duplicated (see below) - but since I have the space you may like to know that my old Anshultz glove has a "comfortable" fit and has worked well for me from the time when I started shooting my first FWB 300S and other rifles of the same period such as the Original Model 66 etc.

I bought it and started using it in the early '70's, and although the green leather is still in surprisingly good nick the cream ribbing ( rubber?) is now slowing dropping off in small chunks so I think it has finally lost it's newness and needs replacing.

It will be good to see how things have progressed since then - modern materials etc will probably be better and more flexible
    Last edited by zooma; 02-09-2011 at 04:41 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

107 Air Max Glove

I have just ordered an Anshultz 107 Air Max glove from Intershoot using their online guide to determine the correct size.

Measuring as shown across the palm my hand measured 9 1/2 inches, so this indicated that I need an extra large size of glove.

I don't think my hands are particularily large and so I am concerned that when the glove arrives it will be a loose fit, but I will be very pleased to be proven wrong on this one and hope it fits well.

Like you I am also unsure as to how tight the glove should be, but my guess is that it just needs to feel comfortable to wear

Well the XL glove arrived today - and it seems like a reasonably close fit across the palm, but the fingers are a bit too long.

I also got sent the wrong glove type and not the one I ordered, so when the correct one gets here I will see if the fit is any different.

The glove received was an Anshutz Color Glove 109 - nice glove - but not the one I ordered.
    Last edited by zooma; 12-09-2011 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Well the XL glove arrived today - and it seems like a reasonable fit across the palm, but the fingers area bit too long.

I also got sent the wrong glove and not the one I ordered, so when the correct one gets here I will see if the fit is any different.
    Now the correct AirMax 107 has arrived and looks and feels good.

It is also an Anshutz size XL - but this one is a little looser across the hand than the Anshutz 109, but the fingers are not so long and fit me a lot better.

It must be really difficult to sew a complex glove shape like this, and so I would expect there to be some slight variation between gloves - so if you get the chance it may be best to try them on before buying.

Having said that, my supplier (Intershoot) was excellent and corrected the packing mistake very quickly by sending me the correct glove and included a pre-paid envelope to return the incorrect one in.

Good service - I would buy from them again!
    Last edited by zooma; 12-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.

glove

where do you get the shooting gloves from?

I bought the gloves online from Intershoot - I found them when I searched for "shooting gloves" on Google.

You can see their range of gloves on their site, and they showed the biggest choice I could find (and had reasonable prices), so I decided to give them a try.

They also gave good advice when I asked for some information.

The original packing error was quickly corrected and they proved to be good to deal with.
    Last edited by zooma; 13-09-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Zooma,

Thanks for the info, I hadn't actually realised that anyone had replied until tonight. As it happens, Intershoot is where I'd ordered the glove from. When I contacted them they sent me out a smaller size the very next day and let me try the two on to compare, once I'd made my mind up I posted the other one back to them.

I agree with you, the service was excellent and I would recommend them to anyone.

Cheers,

Mark.

Why open finger

Hello,

As a bit of a newby may ask what made you buy the open finger as opposed to a standard glove?

I am considering getting one and can't quite decide.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nickcdart View Post
    Hello,

As a bit of a newby may ask what made you buy the open finger as opposed to a standard glove?

Thanks
    nickcdart

I went for the open finger variant for a couple of reasons

1. Whilst my hands are quite small my fingers are quite long, because I bought online I thought it would be one less thing to worry about with regard to getting a good fitting glove.

2. I only shoot LSR so it means I can easily reload my magazine without having to keep taking the glove off.

Cheers,

Mark.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by nickcdart View Post
    Hello,

Thanks
    1. If you shoot standing (air or 3p, etc) it allows you to stay in position on a stand and reload left handed.
    2. In summer it allows a bit more air reducing sweaty glove syndrome, but contra it with cold fingers in the winter.
    3. Its a choice of preference, they cost the same.

More importantly, depending on your discipline, standing or prone there is also the material and stiffness to consider, , we use open types with the soft grip material from Anschutz and Kurt Thune for standing (air) but open finger hard backs from Kurt Thune for prone where there is pressure from the sling and stop, these reduce the pain in the hand.
    Good Shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 25-11-2011 at 10:56 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    This is the second time I've duplicated a post, then can't delete the 2nd one, just edit it!
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

...the glove

Many thanks for your reply and it all makes complete sense. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Owe you pint for that one.

Have a great weekend.