Thread: Feinwerkbau 150

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Feinwerkbau 150

I changed a spring on one of these for a collector a few years ago and I was impressed with the semi-sporting/semi-target stock that it was fitted with, as well as the general quality. Is it true that it is the same action as the FWB300 and that the stock is the only real difference?

It is a lovely rifle to shoot and with a bit more power would make a brilliant Universal Air Rifle - recoilless, suitable for FT, HFT, six-yards, 10m and bell-target with a bit of plinking thrown in and a bit of hunting although the weight might mean from a hide most of the time...

How many of them are there in the UK? There seem to be a fair few in Germany on eGun but they rarely come up on the BBS as used guns....

DON'T DO THAT!! I almost fell off my perch when I saw the heading. I was already reaching for my cheque book!
    There is a difference between the 150 and the 300 - beside the stock. 150 has one continuous spring, the 300 has two smaller springs with a seperater between the two.
    My personal opinion is that the 150 is the better of the two - if you can get your hands on one!
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!

I have one, purchased here on the BBS, in a tyrolean stock.

It's currently undergoing a full refurb to restore it to it's former glory. Mechanically it was in fine condition and there are very few signs of wear despite being 45 years old.

Straightforward to stripdown the 150 uses fewer tiny C-clips compared to the 300, only two holding the twin rails at the front of the action for the WAW-sledge mechanism.

The 300 has a shorter cocking arm and a different latching mechanism to secure the cocking arm which has a dogleg shape to it, whilst the LG300S introduced a trigger with lateral adjustment (1972>).

The 150 had a short life (1963-68) compared to the 300 variants which were replaced by the SSP LG600 in 1984 and they are a lot less common.

A nice bit of history, being FWB's first "recoilless" airgun.

The 300 also has a safety intercept on the piston rod that the 150 doesn't have.

Power wise, I have experimented with this. By uisng different after market springs it is possible to take the gun to between 7.5 and 8.5 ft.lbs without over-stressing it. I would not try and push for more as the design simply won't handle it as there is insufficient volume in fron of the piston.

Fwb 150

I ve got one works ok very accurate indeed and still recoiless , but no original finish and some pitting , Oh well!