Thread: Reloading courses in North of Scotland?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reloading courses in North of Scotland?

Hi everyone

I'm keen to learn the basics for reloading my .243 but don't really know anyone that reloads. Does anyone know of courses in the north of Scotland / Inverness shire areas?

Regards Al

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    Buy a reloading manual, like the ones from Sierra, Speer, Vihtavouori or Lyman. All you need to know will be in the "How To" section of any of those books. Follow the instructions given.
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

as above and plenty on ytube and can be caliber specific if you do a further search but remember every firearm is different so treat it that way , thats how I started

harry mac is offline You can't say muntjack without saying mmmmm
    The South of England has 2 good things, the M1 and the A1. Both will take you to Yorkshire.

FortuneCookie45lc and GunBlue490, on YouTube, have excellent reloading videos, both delving as deep into it as youd like, they also have some basic beginners videos on the topic.
    Donald

Thanks guys, I have bought a reloading manual but still would have liked some 'hands on practice' before trying it and pulling the trigger, will see if I can find someone locally who reloads and pester them for a lesson or two.

We're setting up a couple of reloading sessions for some of our club members in the near future, if you can make it down to Strathpeffer you'll be made welcome.

PM me if interested.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Quote Originally Posted by blueheckle View Post
    as above and plenty on ytube and can be caliber specific if you do a further search but remember every firearm is different so treat it that way , thats how I started
    Some very good stuff on you tube and some very bad, as a novice you won't be able to pick the wheat from the chaff so always refer back to your manual, the lyman is good, 'The ABCs of reloading' is very very good and well worth the price, read it, read it again then start loading and watching you tube as you see fit. £20.00 but that's a lot cheaper than a course and you have it for reference, https://www.amazon.co.uk/B-C-s-Reloa...9024447&sr=8-1
    Thanks for looking