Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can't buy that....its a gun

Angry You can't buy that....its a gun

So, my wife is at Brent Cross, doing the back to school shopping. My 8 year old son spots a spud gun (plastic, bright orange) in the toy section. She thinks, ok, fair enough, adds it to the basket.

When she gets to the till, Einstein behind the counter spots the spud gun and asks, is this for him. (No, doofus, spud guns are all the rage with 40 something year old mums, didn't you know?) Yes, she says, it is. To which he replies.....

"You can't buy that. It's a gun".

(My wife knows better than to waste time arguing with morons, (after all it's never done her any good with me) so she just left it. I wish I had been there. I LOVE arguing with morons.)

Now, my question is, who do I ring about the dangerous guns that John Lewis are selling? Not to mention the swords and stuff, yes, they are plastic, and small, but that just makes then undetectable, innit?

Coming on the back of the announcement that school children will get free tickets for every olympic event except shooting (because we can't expose them to the filth that is Ladies 10m air pistol, better that they see something nice and peaceful like judo or boxing, eh) this has been a bad day.
    Morally flawed

"Is it for your child?"

"No, It's for my dead nan"

"Oh ok, I hope she enjoy's it"

Thank you! Me to!

Ang'on a minute..... I don't work here!

God help us in 10 years time!

the world has gone to pot!

in the eyes of the public majority all guns and any form of shooting is bad.
    when will they realise that its the bad person behind a gun that makes it bad.

thats a crazy.. kids have always played with toy guns for aslong as i can remember!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    A spud gun is not a gun, it is a toy. The retailer is mis-informed. Does he refuse to sell pedal-cars to the parents of toddlers because two-year-olds are not granted driving licenses?

And the dang fool lost a sale! How will the economy recover with this kind of nonsense going on?
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 23-08-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Does he refuse to sell pedal-cars to the parents of toddlers because two-year-olds are not granted driving licenses?
    Depends if they have a lego land driving licence !

The N*B End
    AirgunBBS.com

Errrr.....why was it part of the shop's 'Sales stock', if they didn't want to sell it???????
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Now come on, the sales assistant was probably thinking of the bigger picture. Its a spud gun, firing little bits of potato - what if your child shot at one of the many children who don't actually know what a vegatable is??! It could scar them for life! I think that the sales assistant forsaw this horrific senario!!!

Does that branch of John Lewis have a RFD on the premises?
    No? Oh dear, selling firearms illegally could prove very expensive for them.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Oh dear, I know what my Misses would of done and it might of involved a potatoe

At least she can sleep easy tonight knowing no children will be maimed or killed by said spud gun.

Are they allowed to sell ammunition????

Becasue if they are not, and they are cought selling patatoes.....

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonLips View Post
    At least she can sleep easy tonight knowing no children will be maimed or killed by said spud gun.

No she can't because I immediately bought two on Amazon. Of course it may take a few weeks for my FAC variation to come through.
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    No she can't because I immediately bought two on Amazon. Of course it may take a few weeks for my FAC variation to come through.
    Is that for your Firing Air Chips variation??
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!