Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chinese horror!

hi peakecentral, if you do not want it i will take it off your hands, not for financial gain but to do it up to a saleable condition then sell it on the forum and donate what i get for it to the forum funds.
    atb
    mark

i have one of these! it was my first airgun when i was 12 handed down from my brother.

a havent used it for years but last night i dug it out to strip it down and wow the internals are horrible!

the piston seal is smashed to pieces (probably from dry firing hundreds of times, i knew no better when i was 12) the spring has blown out in the middle and the amount of gunge in there was nasty.

As the piston seal fell apart its no longer shootable but i just dont have the heart to throw it away.

Air Wolf, made 1985-9 apparently. The principal difference to the LG24 being the standard Webley rear sight (Walter 4th.ed).

Photo.

Did Webley also market a spanish rifle as the Wolf Cub at some point? Junior sized and carbine barrelled.
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 23-08-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Well I took a few photos of the action this lunch time as received and then did a full strip, clean relube and rebuild this evening

New breech seal is 3 stacked O-rings

Took me 2 hours in total.

Have not touched the stock except a wipe with white spirits to remove the remains of the sticky rubbish from where the sticker used to be on the cheek piece.

She shoots very smoothly but only at 5 ft lb

Probably the rather tight piston leather seal - I did soak it in SM50 for 2 hours but it seemed a bit tight on its way out and back in...

Photos here:

http://s791.photobucket.com/albums/y...20Air%20Rifle/

I think she looks OK for a quick tart-up job

I might strip the stock and oil it to finish the looks off. Nitromors or Sandpaper???

Cheers
    Last edited by MattyBoy; 23-08-2011 at 07:57 PM.
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

John Walter tested the LG24 and gives output figures of 5.18ft/lbs (.177 using RWS Hobby 575 fps) and 4.68 ft/lbs (.22 RWS Diabolo 388fps) so it looks like you've got it running "in the zone".

Edit: Disregard the above, got your Pioneer confused with peakcentrals 'Wolf.
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 23-08-2011 at 07:56 PM.

Happy days , when I worked in the trade we purchased B2s for £9 and retailed them for £19.99 , the wholesaler let slip he paid £4 for them on the docks but had to buy a container load
    Careful with that axe Eugene

If I remember rightly Andrew Eggleton tested the Air wolf in Sporting air rifle, I am sure Jim will confirm.

lol ian coley i know him he's till going but he's moved out of cheltenham town centre i remember going in his shop to look at all the air rifles when i was much younger.
    Weihrauch HW77 MK1 .22 / Weihrauch HW80 MK1 .22 / BSA Airsporter MK1 .177/ Webely MK3 .22 / Diana Mod 27 .22 / SMK QB78DL .22 / Webley nemesis .177

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    John Walter tested the LG24 and gives output figures of 5.18ft/lbs (.177 using RWS Hobby 575 fps) and 4.68 ft/lbs (.22 RWS Diabolo 388fps) so it looks like you've got it running "in the zone".

Edit: Disregard the above, got your Pioneer confused with peakcentrals 'Wolf.
    Haha easy to confuse these 2 beauties

Anyway I guess I was expecting more like 7 but 5 is OK for a Plinker anyhow.

She shoots remarkably smoothly

I´ll be puting her up for sale soon. What is she worth as is without the stock refinishing?
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Value? No idea, I couldn't even remember which rifle it was.

I'll start the guessing at around the "new price" that humperdingle mentionned above.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Value? No idea, I couldn't even remember which rifle it was.

I'll start the guessing at around the "new price" that humperdingle mentionned above.
    Haha

Well I am aware that it's a budget air rifle so I am not expecting anyone to say 50 quid

Current B2 retail is 39.95

Cheers

I can't believe that this thread already has over 500 hits

What was everyone expecting to see?

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    If I remember rightly Andrew Eggleton tested the Air wolf in Sporting air rifle, I am sure Jim will confirm.
    That's some memory you have there, p.j. I thought it a good idea to get a junior to test a junior rifle, so Andy got the job, and ended up buying the rifle with the payment for the article. It's still at his parent's house.

Does anyone have Airgunner or Airgun World mags from '83-'86? I'd love to see a scan of the old B/W ad... It was fairly small, so may be hard to find, but normally at the back of the mags next to the other ads.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
    I can't believe that this thread already has over 500 hits

What was everyone expecting to see?

Nearly 700 now!

I'll run the Wolf across the chrono asap - probably tomorrow.

Martin