Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2011 summer sizzler

Will there be a pistol comp this time Bob?(Might even sort out a rear sight for the Scorpion if there is)

Richard
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Hi Rich

No mate, this is the sizzler so there's more than enough to do with the 50 targets on the main course

Might think about a dedicated pistol though later in the year (I'll get my scorp sorted for then)

If enough of your mob are coming up, how about kicking off that "inter club/region" challange we were looking at earlier in the season?

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Basingstoke Air Rifle & Pistol Club. Founded 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    Hi Rich

No mate, this is the sizzler so there's more than enough to do with the 50 targets on the main course

Might think about a dedicated pistol though later in the year (I'll get my scorp sorted for then)

If enough of your mob are coming up, how about kicking off that "inter club/region" challange we were looking at earlier in the season?

Bob
    Okey doke re the pistol, I appreciate the issues relating to organising events

There was a lot of talk at the last SiHFT of attending the Sizzler - I'm up for the challenge!(assuming I'm allowed out of course...)

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    Okey doke re the pistol, I appreciate the issues relating to organising events

There was a lot of talk at the last SiHFT of attending the Sizzler - I'm up for the challenge!(assuming I'm allowed out of course...)

Richard
    I'm sure you'll be allowed out to play, you're a big lad now (or so spongey tells me)

Now that summers out of the way (and that we need the practice for the winter league) I'm sure we can get this challenge off the ground.

Bob
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

BARPC

Quote Originally Posted by Prone Shooter View Post
    I'm sure you'll be allowed out to play, you're a big lad now (or so spongey tells me)

Now that summers out of the way (and that we need the practice for the winter league) I'm sure we can get this challenge off the ground.

Bob
    There is a call to arms on another thread
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ssex-Challenge

Godamnsonofabitch...that be fighting talk!...Gary!!!..

(He ain't that big.....)

XX
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Summer Sizler

is the forest behind popham's diner?

Quote Originally Posted by tx200fan View Post
    is the forest behind popham's diner?
    Just after the diner, turn in off the layby.

Bob

BARPC

All set folks, course built and looking like a typical Sizzler course, catering confirmed, trophies in boot and passport control sorted for the Sussex gang, just hope they can acclimatise this far North

Forecast is good (or at least the one I looked at was) and even if it wasn't, we've had worse, much worse

Gates to grounds open at 08.00 with burger van opening 20mins later.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow and wherever you're coming from, have a safe trip.

Bob, Neil and the outdoor crew.

BARPC

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    Looking forward to it. See you in the morning, young Bob (and crew).

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Excellent fun - Derek & Philip, thanks for the company, and thanks to the Bob & his team for setting a cracking course. cant wait for the rematch!!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Newhaven, Sussex (someone's got to live here)
    After teeny delay on the M25, I've just arrived home and had to post a big
    THANK YOU
    to Bob and all the BARPC crew responsible for organising and setting up today's Summer Sizzler.

Great course and great fun, especially as I seem to be on the road to sorting out where my eyes are aiming the gun.

Well done to all the prize winners (especially a certain CP who dared to steal 5th place from my grasp ), in fact to everyone who took part. If you weren't there today you missed a goodun.

Dying to learn the final outcome of the Sussex v's the Rest-of-the-World contest

Biggles
    Rapid MkII .22, AA400C .177, AA MPR .177, AA Prosport .177, AA TX200, AA FTP900, HW75 .177, HW45 Silver Star .22, and my dear ol' Webley Ranger .177 (circa 1966) Mile Oak - WEB SITE Air Arms HFT Team member

Thumbs up Sizzler 2011

Hi guys,a very big thank you to Bob & Crew at BARPC from us at Buxted Rifle & Pistol Club,it was a cracking day,loads of strange shots in them thar woods lol.... All in all,a brilliant Sunday,and would go again no worries.... Not even the silly weather could spoil,felt a bit like a gremlin/mogwai though going back to the car ( Bright Light Bright Light lol ) Well,who has the best shooters lol....
    AA S400 K ( Modified MPR stock and Rowan Engineering furnishings ) with a Hawke 4-12x40 EV Panorama 1/2 MilDot Scope - BUXTED HFT TEAM -

Thank you to the organisers of the Sizzler.
    I would like to say I shot well but alas not my best

I will have to practice more on shooting left and right handed and l will need to learn aim points for those that ar'nt ha ha
    "If you are not living on the edge you are taking up too much room!."

As everyone else has said, thanks to all @ Basingstoke, from the course setters to Mehmet in the burger van.
    Top shooting Mr Turner, beating all the PCP boys with a springer.....again, the man is a machine !
    I know we all look forward to the return leg if you dare venture down to Sussex

I await the most important post...... the Challenge scores !