0 0%
  • build quality

3 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: help on deciding between the hw40 or webley aletco

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question help on deciding between the hw40 or webley aletco

as a new member to this forum ,I have both a rifle and a co2 pistol but I am looking at a new pistol as parcially disabled I am undecided between the weihrauch hw 40 and the webley aletco. one german other turkish both in .177 any thoughts please

Hi davymole.

I have recently purchased a hw 40 and I think it is a fantastic pistol ideal for target shooting as it is light and well balanced and is easy to cock, which might be important to you as you said you have a disability.

The alecto in my experience is also a nice pistol. It is light and accurate with three power settings.(the wh40 has only one). It is quite large and bulkey and I found it difficult to cock in the higher power setting as I have problems with an old shoulder injury.

Some gunshops may allow you to try before you buy. So you could compare the two and see which would be the most suitable for you.

I hope htat I have been some help to you. Good luck with whatever pistol you choose.

Go with hw40 m8 it's great for short range targets

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Can't vote, nothing to vote for!

Cheers.

Roy.

p.s. It would be the Alecto, if it was in the list!
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Thumbs up my new webley ultra

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    as a new member to this forum ,I have both a rifle and a co2 pistol but I am looking at a new pistol as parcially disabled I am undecided between the weihrauch hw 40 and the webley aletco. one german other turkish both in .177 any thoughts please
    I just got a Webley Ultra Alecto Yesterday 8/24/2011. I managed to put a hundred rounds thru it this morning. I only used 2 pumps except for the obligatory couple of shots with three pumps. That third one one will make you a little tired it you do much shooting. The gun has a nice balance and good trigger. I shot very inexpensive crosman "Destroyer EX" and more expensive H&N Finale Match. If my life depended on the next group I would go with the H&N but there was not a lot of difference I have no experience with Weihrauch.

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    I have both and the Alecto wins hands-down!

Better trigger, better fit for my big hands, 3 power levels and more accurate (probably down to the trigger)

As for the poll, the options aren't suitable for this selection

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Have had both,

The Webley ALECTO as someone made great pains not to show us what he meant

Has as stated three power levels, it must be said that this is a muscular gun as it truly requires musculature to operate it,

It has a satisfying muzzle crack, and unusually has a two settings front sight, 15/25 yds, and can reach 5.4ish ft lbs,

It is very accurate using domes, mine was graced with a holographic or TV screen red dot with four settings and automatic lighting intensity setting,

Being Arthritic I eventually found it displaced the bones in my right wrist

The Weihrauch HW 40 is a light SSP single stroke pistol,

Excellent build quallity considering it is almost all modern composite,

Very accurate with most pellets, I discovered mine liked Daystate domed 4.51mm and

Having fitted it with a 3x32 Pistol Rhino Scope it became deadly,

I sold it because I got bored with winning??

And bought an SMK spring pistol, with a 32 ft lb trigger,

Kept me occupied all Winter playing with it,

Next Pistol Comp in Spring came sixth with fettled SMK and cheap red dot sight,

Was like a Dog with six tails,

Sad Bugger ain't I
    Last edited by ratgunner; 25-08-2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Dohh!

having shot both these pistol id spend my money on the alecto

wayne
    HFT 500.177 HAWKE VANTAGE HW97 .177 HAWKE AIRMAX
    http://colnevalleyagc.wix.com/colnevalleyagc and http://www.cambridgehft.co.uk/

Thumbs up thanks to all that have replied tothis thread

after visiting my local dealers in saltney chester a customer who happened to be in the shop who had the webley kindly arranged to visit me and let me try the webley due to my disability I found it very hard to pump I think that after an hours shooting I would me xxxxxx so I have ordered the hw 40 so again thank you all
    Last edited by davymole; 02-09-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: lousey computer key board which will become my next target

own webley utra

Quote Originally Posted by davymole View Post
    The webley ultra, which I own is a very nice pistol. It is BIG, like really big. If you want some thing to walk around out in the field, maybe the p-3 by Beeman, a single stoke pnumatic, much smaller.

you gotta love Turkey

The electra may be made in Turkey, but may be the Germans are resting on their laurels. The Electra is a fine piece of work.

Cool hw 40

had the hw 40 a week well pleased need to sort out pellet needs dont like the bisley superfield now I,am home will have a better chance to decide any thoughts would be helpful thanks

HW40 V Alecto

was a tough one for you and you resolved the choice dilemma by following the route to the pistol you could best handle....well done and enjoy your fine pistol.Therein lies the eternal answer to all these close matches on paper,one or other will definitely suit the handlers dimensions and style better. The German made thing versus the third world product is in the final analysis solved in much the same way....yet ,still,the Alecto matches the HW in nearly every department and whoops its ass in the restwillie