Thread: BSA stock advice needed please

BSA stock advice needed please

Hi, i was wondering if the stocks were common ie the AIRSPORTER/MERCURY/S.SPORT/S.STAR as I have a mk2 needing a stock. Or has anyone made a stock from scratch or modified another one to suit?, Cheers all

Nope - all completely different.

"But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Nope - all completely different.

Thanks Mr Gen, so is the airsporter pretty much consistant stock wise across the mk versions would you know>. Cheers all

Quote Originally Posted by wookster View Post
    Hi, i was wondering if the stocks were common ie the AIRSPORTER/MERCURY/S.SPORT/S.STAR as I have a mk2 needing a stock. Or has anyone made a stock from scratch or modified another one to suit?, Cheers all
    Hi Wookster

I made a stock for my MK2 Airsporter out of three pieces of plywood laminated together.

I made the inside piece of the butt first (3/4" ply) and drilled it for the rear screw.

Then I made the two side pieces to form the outside of the butt and the forend.

It looked quite sexy when it was done considering that I got the outside plywood from the sides of old Redifusion television cabinets.

By a strange coincidence I was looking through the Birch ply at the boatyard I've been working at today looking for offcuts to make another Airsporter MK2 stock.

All the best Mick

Fancy making two mick?,

Quote Originally Posted by wookster View Post
    Fancy making two mick?,
    That may take a while as I have one or two little jobs to do on the action before I start on the stock.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/...0032006366.jpg

All the best Mick

Hi

I bought the centre stock of THESE from a member on here, he had another one for sale too but I can't remember who the member was

I think his name may have been Richard but I don't remember his username, sorry

It has a strange cutout bit but it actually helps with eye relief for the scope

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/