Thread: Webley alecto ultra

Webley alecto ultra

7nReceived my ultra yesterday late. Mounted a BSA Red Dot on it straight away. Bolted right on using the weaver adapter included with BSA. This morning I started shooting it. Sighted in at 6 meters by the second set of 5 shots we were in the black of a 10 meter target. I elected to use only two pumps for all my testing today because I figured that 3 pumps wouldn't kill the paper any deader and besides if you are going to use the 3rd pump for a lot of shots, eat a good breakfast.
    On the subject of pumps. My instructions say 3 pumps max. The fourth will do you no good and will eventually harm the gun.
    I Started with Crosman Destroyer EX pellets 7.9 grain pointed. These run $5.oo USD per 500. I shot about 50 or 60 of these and was noticing quite a variation between strings of 5 shots. I then went to Crosman Premier These wouldn't hold in a 50 mm group. I next to H&N finale match. Now the gun has been cleaned 3 times. Each time I changed pellets. The H&N grouped consistently for3- 5 shot strings. I went back to the
    Destroyers and they grouped well this time. I kept alternating between the two pellets
    with out cleaning this time and found very little difference in the groups.
    I found the H&N to be tight going into the chamber. I had to use a seating tool to get it flush. You could hear and feel the pellet seat in.
    The gun is not quiet. Right up there with a 22 cal rifle.
    Trigger is set from the factory at about a third of a kilo or .75 lbs It is advertised a two stage, but I can't find the first stage. Second stage is fairly crisp on release.
    The Grip is of molded plastic and some of the edges of the hand grip will be bothersome after a long session of cocking the gun.
    Of course being a pneumatic, the gun is recoilless. It is nice for follow through on the shot, but I kind of miss some recoil.
    The gun is a good shooter, with several groups of 5 in the black of a ten meter target.
    Kinkin North Port, Florida-USA

Hiya

I've had mine for about 18 months and love it. Really accurate and good fun to shoot even out to 20 yards or so. Love shooting used 12 gauge cartridge cases, a bit of a challenge and they fly when you do connect, very satisfying!!

I have used AirArms and Hobbys in mine with good results from both!

André
    Pro Sport; TX200; S&W 586; Webley Alecto; Red Hawk; HW57; CP88 Competition; HW45; MPR-FT.

it is better than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by dwk54rak View Post
    7nReceived my ultra yesterday late. Mounted a BSA Red Dot on it straight away. Bolted right on using the weaver adapter included with BSA. This morning I started shooting it. Sighted in at 6 meters by the second set of 5 shots we were in the black of a 10 meter target. I elected to use only two pumps for all my testing today because I figured that 3 pumps wouldn't kill the paper any deader and besides if you are going to use the 3rd pump for a lot of shots, eat a good breakfast.
    On the subject of pumps. My instructions say 3 pumps max. The fourth will do you no good and will eventually harm the gun.
    I Started with Crosman Destroyer EX pellets 7.9 grain pointed. These run $5.oo USD per 500. I shot about 50 or 60 of these and was noticing quite a variation between strings of 5 shots. I then went to Crosman Premier These wouldn't hold in a 50 mm group. I next to H&N finale match. Now the gun has been cleaned 3 times. Each time I changed pellets. The H&N grouped consistently for3- 5 shot strings. I went back to the
    Destroyers and they grouped well this time. I kept alternating between the two pellets
    with out cleaning this time and found very little difference in the groups.
    I found the H&N to be tight going into the chamber. I had to use a seating tool to get it flush. You could hear and feel the pellet seat in.
    The gun is not quiet. Right up there with a 22 cal rifle.
    Trigger is set from the factory at about a third of a kilo or .75 lbs It is advertised a two stage, but I can't find the first stage. Second stage is fairly crisp on release.
    The Grip is of molded plastic and some of the edges of the hand grip will be bothersome after a long session of cocking the gun.
    Of course being a pneumatic, the gun is recoilless. It is nice for follow through on the shot, but I kind of miss some recoil.
    The gun is a good shooter, with several groups of 5 in the black of a ten meter target.
    Kinkin North Port, Florida-USA
    Nice to hear from you. I haven't moved past the ten meter distance yet. Did you have a video on U-tube shooting shot gun shells? . I am 68 years old and have not done much off hand pistol shooting (lot of rifle). I am getting better but there is still work to be done. kinkin North Port,Florida-USA