Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms Camargue Valuation/interest.

Air Arms Camargue Valuation/interest.

Looking for a rough value on my .22 AA Camargue topped with a Rhino 6x40 scope. Comes fitted with a leather sling and a Webley pro system silencer too.

Couple of very minor marks to the stock and bluing going thin in a couple of areas but overall, rifle is in top condition.

Last edited by vectrasriv6; 26-08-2011 at 02:16 PM.

never do valuations myself but
    are there two of them there right and left handed you should sell them as a pair

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    never do valuations myself but
    are there two of them there right and left handed you should sell them as a pair
    Not a pair, photo came out upside down so flipped it.

For the record it's a right handed rifle.

A A

as some one who may be interested,shall refrain from valuation.but you can get an idea, what the price should be, as a very very good,[almost mint] example, fitted with a period A A scope,sold for recently off here,if you look back at past sales,[few weeks ago],good luck.
    Last edited by basa; 25-08-2011 at 08:09 PM.

aa

a few marks here and there no open sights 180 to 200 ish really need pics top wack 240 with condiments hth.

Camargue

Pm sent

Quote Originally Posted by freemoyoyo View Post
    Pm sent
    Is your PM an offer to buy it? If so that's against forum rules.
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
    Is your PM an offer to buy it? If so that's against forum rules.
    Yes it is, i didnt realise it was against the rules, sorry.
    Why is it against the rules anyway ? Thanks, James.

Hi James, don't want you to run the risk of being banned, read this...CLICK
    "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."

Looks like im going to get banned, i honestly didnt realise until you said. Sorry to the mods for my ignorance, please dont ban me, pretty please......

It is the simplest way to stop sales becoming auctions, which would often result in disputes/ill feeling and unnecessary work for the mod team I guess. So it's done with the best of intentions.

Was under the impression that via PM everything goes - and why not, nothing to stop any person from selling any gun offered for valuation here, "off the forum" to anyone he likes, and I tend to think of PMs as being non-public hence although for technical purposes using the forum software, in reality since non-public, "off".

Remember also that if not PM, one can just as easily email a person, same difference.

You can't stop people from selling their stuff just because they have asked for a valuation on here, or oblige them to ultimately sell via opening a sales thread on here.

And, nothing to stop any "proper" sales thread sale being conducted via PM, seems to be common.

Ultimately, since nothing is public, there are no concerns for the mods either that a thread degenerates, since the prospective "buyer" opts out of any rights related to publicly claiming "I'll have it", hence they are buying into the possibility that the vendor may actually choose to sell to someone else.

HOWEVER - the sending of a PM should not made public, i.e. "I sent you a PM" (as was done in this case) - now that's just about as bad as making an open offer.

For the record, I have no interest in buying this gun.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Once again, sorry for the breach of rules, regards, James.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Since when did "asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale" constitute an being an offer to buy...
    That seems rather over-bearing to me - It's merely asking the owner to let you know when something becomes actually available as not all of us spend hours each day waiting for something to pop-up, but may be of interest depending on the price asked...

and there are mods on here (no-names) that have previously PM'd me to let me know that something they are selling is available....
    Last edited by harvey_s; 26-08-2011 at 12:16 PM. Reason: grammer

Gentlemen, it's not for us to debate the forum rules, they are set with the best of intentions to create a fair environment for all who use this forum.

Of course 'Business' is conducted by both PM and email, just don't make your actions public.
    My original post was to make a fairly new member aware of his faux pas. He won't be the first member or last to do this, i have done it in the past and been rewarded with a brief holiday! I sincerely hope that the mod's show some mercy on what seems to be an innocent oversight.

I know some of the more established members have overstepped the mark and been lucky to get away with it, but the mod's don't live on here 24/7 so they can hardly be blamed when this happens.