Thread: Hw35

Hw35

Hi, i'm in dire need of some help with my weihrauch hw35, i need an end stop and info on why the gun won't cock.
    Its the version with a safety catch, would gladly do away with the safety just to get it working !
    Thanks, James.

Hi James

What do you mean by an "end stop"?

If the gun won't cock check the length and coil number of the spring. It may be coil bound?

If it worked before and has just stopped working then strip the gun and give it a clean and make sure the safety catch mechanism is comletely free from any dirt and put a drop of light oil on the spring and on the safety catch itself before pushing it back into the back block.

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

It had an ox spring in it before and wouldnt cock, got original in now, cocks rarely with the safety in a certain posistion but the trigger doesnt fire it, however knocking the safety does.
    Ive done all the usual things like cocked the trigger first, put the first pin in, then slipping the safety in holding it with your thumb then second pin, it just doesnt work.
    I bent the safety pin at first, then trying to straighten it, it snapped. I had a spare that was also bent slightly, but rather than snap that one, i drilled out the hole to compensate for the bend, if you know what i mean ?
    I'm at a loss, would really like tonknow if incould do away with safety completely just to get it working ?

Drilling out the hole to fit a bent pin was an unfortunate choice

My recommendation would now be to remove the safety catch and spring and put a bung (piece of rubber or cork) in the hole to prevent ingress of dirt.

If the gun fires safely off the trigger then you may decide to keep it like that without a safety catch.

There are plenty of older guns which did not have a safety...

Hope it works out and please make sure that the gun is safe when you have sorted it

Cheers
    Opportunity is missed by most people, because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Cork

I had tried tried putting a screwdriver through and trying it, was a loose fit though, perhaps a snug fit will work?
    I'm beginning to think that i may need a new trigger unit also, cant pin point it, but just doesnt seem right, theres no bits missing, but the trigger just stays loose when the trigger cocking lever is pushed down.
    Arrrrr, its driving me mad. No matter what i do the trigger has never fired the gun, its always been nocking the safety that fires the mechanism.

It all sounds a bit odd

Sorry i can't advise you further but i am sure a Rekord Trigger Unit guru will be along soon

ATB

Have you tried a replacement Rekord trigger unit?

Y.H.P.M.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Have you had the trigger unit to bits? If yes you have probably not got the sear spring wound up, try hw owners forum or network 54. There is an animated drawing of the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    Have you had the trigger unit to bits? If yes you have probably not got the sear spring wound up, try hw owners forum or network 54. There is an animated drawing of the unit.
    A bit like this but different

http://www.arld1.com/images/swfs/pis...etdynamics.swf

Though this is near enough to show how a Rekord unit works.

All the best Mick

Hi

This is actually a TX200 trigger which is generally thought to be a Rekord trigger rip off

It's a working GIF, just click on the first stage button then the second stage button to see how it works...

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Here's another showing the entire working with piston

Just press the buttons in order from top to bottom...

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/