Thread: Scope deals

Micky Spillane Guest

Scope deals

I've been looking at a few different scopes lately, wishing to upgrade from the bog standard 3-9X40 Looking in the comics I see a name which rings a bell but not for scope building. I'll start off with a rough spec and see what you think.
    30MM tube 4-12X44 illuminated reticule (standard cross hair illumination with 7 levels of brightness) parrallax and including mounts £86.95. Now don't get me wrong I'm not running advertising copy for anyone but tonight I re-visited the sight and found a big brother to this. still a 30mm tube with illuminated reticule (this time a mil-dot) but a X50 object lens again with mounts for £89.95. The name on the scopes is Walther, has anyone on here used a scope made by Walther? or is this a totally new venture by them. If totally new may explain the bargain basement price to gain a toehold in a new market place. Think I might just take advantage Drink good English bitter beer and shoot safe.
    Micky Spillane

clubshot Guest

Arrow

Walther Scopes are imported and distributed by Brococks

www.brocock.co.uk

They made scopes for the world market in all price ranges
    from low Priced to Top of the Range Target Scopes

CI Scopes are Illuminated Recicule , which lights up the Milldotes
    ideal for low light etc.
    or shooting in darkened areas

The Larger the end number the larger angle of view

BOB/R

maddogdean Guest
    I bought one of these scopes last year, 4-12x50 i think, it was definatley 30mm tube with ir milldot, absolute rubbish, dont buy one, poor build quality, poor optics, the windage and elevation both had up written on them, got it from uttings, when i tried to get them to take it back they wouldnt, sticking with the ags swat.

Dalua Guest
    I'm not sure whether people would agree, but with scopes you really seem to get what you pay for; by which I mean that ones at the bottom end of the price range are bad, middle-priced ones are OKish and expensive ones are good.

Certainly with full-bore rifles, it seems sensible to get a medium-priced rifle with a top quality scope, rather the the other way about. It might be bit different with air-rifles because of the milder recoil, though, I guess.

happyhunter 1 Guest

Wink

i have just got some aetec 3.8..12..44 lr they are bang on scopes of for 195 with free post i would save your up and go for them

prohunters are nice scopes, pick them up 2nd hand for 100 quid

www.actionoptics.co.uk/
    some s/h here