I thought I’d start a new thread on this subject rather than hijack someone else’s valuation thread....

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
Since when did "asking an owner to let you know when they offer their item for sale" constitute an being an offer to buy...
That seems rather over-bearing to me - It's merely asking the owner to let you know when something becomes actually available as not all of us spend hours each day waiting for something to pop-up, but may be of interest depending on the price asked...

and there are mods on here (no-names) that have previously PM'd me to let me know that something they are selling is available....
This got the following response…

Quote Originally Posted by OLD JUD View Post
Gentlemen, it's not for us to debate the forum rules, they are set with the best of intentions to create a fair environment for all who use this forum.

Of course 'Business' is conducted by both PM and email, just don't make your actions public.
My original post was to make a fairly new member aware of his faux pas. He won't be the first member or last to do this, i have done it in the past and been rewarded with a brief holiday! I sincerely hope that the mod's show some mercy on what seems to be an innocent oversight.

I know some of the more established members have overstepped the mark and been lucky to get away with it, but the mod's don't live on here 24/7 so they can hardly be blamed when this happens.
Fair enough, and I fully accept the need for a robust set of rules for this forum, But I see no harm in debating a rule if it appears illogical…
Personally, I can’t see them harm in offering to buy via PM either (and neither does the gent above it appears) after all – both serve to validate an item’s desirability…