Thread: diana luft guwhr

diana luft guwhr

hi all ,im a new guy to the forum , forgive me if im slightly off track here ,

ive got this old diana 1929 model, that im restoring, found up in the rafters of an old garage, rusted but not badly, inside of barrell perfect , but not rifled, parts missing ,trigger guard, o ring at breach, and heel at butt, i could make one of these from a piece of rubber,

i understand that without the trigger guard the rifle cant cock, ive oiled and cleaned the spring and inside and got rid of all the rust outside, theres a very nice walnut stock on this ,
    would anyone out there have any of these missing bits for sale id be delighted to receive, best regards standunmj

Photo's would help people to help you. If you upload pictures to a remote host such as photobucket.com you can insert a link in your forum posts to the pictures.

The gun should cock without a trigger guard, but the trigger adjusting screw goes through the guard and without it the trigger will sit fully forward. That might be the problem.

A breech seal is easy to make from a piece of scrap leather, or you might find a suitable size 'o' ring to fit, or even cut a slice from a piece of plastic or rubber tubing.

The buttplate would be metal, not rubber.
    I collect vintage Japanese air rifles & vintage Japanese pellets
    Information sought about antique firearms with Japanese markings, do you have one ?

1129 diana

hello tantomurata, thanks very much for your reply and interest,

ill try this photo shop and ive got pictures of the gun on picasa im looking at the setup on this piece and have seen a model that is simular, the bolt that goes through the trigger guard at an angle

seems to be the item that keeps the trigger in place so that it engages the spring,
    also i notice a deep hole at rear of guard that seems to be for a second bolt ?
    id like not only to restore this piece but to put it into regular use , best regards standunmj,

Worth a look at the Vintage Diana Forum for info.
    blah blah

luft guwer 127 export

thanks dave , ive looked into that site you mentioned and discovered its the post 1st world war export model, according to what im told its dated as 1929, due to the barrel having the sereal no 1129, thanks for your help , maitiu.

Pictures

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....s-onto-the-BBS.
    if you follow this thread it leads to a very easy to follow guide for placing links in your thread,hope it helps you out
    Regards Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

photocopy

hi martini thanks for that, had no luck with photocopy, but ive sent two pics from my picasa file to garvin, the gun is in the gallery under diana post 1st world war [export ]model, and there are numerous great pics of it there , heres hoping some good member has bits to sell, best regards maitiu.

Photoshop

You are very welcome
    Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

Maitiu's Diana mod 27. Unfortunately they are very small pics...

Pic 1
    Pic 2
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.