Thread: Daystate Sportsman

Daystate Sportsman

Ok folks, I need a bit of pricing help regarding a Daystate Sportsman, someone I know has one and is thinking of parting with it and I want it !!! so what would be a fair price to offer for one in very good condition but it has a beech stock by the looks of it, Not sure if its a mark 1 or mark 2 though.
    Cheers in advance
    Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

There is a big difference in worth bewteen mk1 and mk2. Sniper22 on here is the resident Daytstate.

mk1 is an underlever, a bit like a sheridan and would be worth upto 600 quid.

mk2 is side lever and worth no more than 350 quid.

Hope that helps...

Alex

Serial number would help
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

i didnt know daystate ever made a springer. or am i mssing something?

Never have

Daystate Sportsman
    First produced in 1982 the Sportsman was a tidy looking multi pump pneumatic air rifle using a side lever layout. Outwardly looking similar to
    the Huntsman.

Daystate Sportsman MK2
    Daystate briefly returned to the self-contained precharged market with a side lever mk2 in 1996, For the UK market the rifle was a single stroke that again looked like the Huntsman with which it shared a common breechblock.
    A few air rifles and pistols Daystate Owners Club

Its a pneumatic, and they were notoriously 'pokey' if you were strong enough to keep pumping them
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Seems

From the quick glance i had of her it sounds like the mark 2 side lever, 2 pumps before the valve blows off. Anyway thanks for the info folks
    I must admit she did`nt seem to hard to pump compared to the Parker hale Dragon. or as heavy in the hand either.
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

what sort of power do they knock out? were they any good? are they rare?