Thread: Daystate X2 R advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Daystate X2 R advice

Hi there,
    I wonder if any Daystate X2 reg owners out there can give me some advice. When I fill the rifle up to 220 on the rifle's buit in gauge and fire around 20 shots, the pressure drops to around 185. Is this normal? Also the first shot at 220 was bang on 12ft but the next half dozen or so dropped to 11.75 and 11.5 ft lbs. I thought as it was regulated it would be the same for each shot. Is it dangerous to fill it right up into the red zone?
    Does anyone know at what pressure the power really drops off at. Dont want to go out to shoot something and find the it is under powered.
    I might add that it does shoot very well and is making one hole groups at around 20 meters. Just curious about the variations in shot power etc.
    Many thanks in advance.

cheers
    Kev

I'd be much happier running my rifles at 11.5ft/lb and no higher.

Steve C.
    AirArms S400k L/H (.177)BTAS, tuned, AirArms S410k L/H (.177) walnut, BTAS tuned, AA MPR .177 L/H walnut (STOLEN) and...L/H EV2
    BASC

are you sure its regulated?

My x2r has no gauge, I thought the regulator takes the space that was used by the air guage.

I have an X2 Regulated, no gauge on mine same as the last poster says, that is where the reg fits, usually fill it to 200 bar. If I fill it to 220, first few shots seem erratic

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by kwallace View Post
    Hi there,
    I wonder if any Daystate X2 reg owners out there can give me some advice. When I fill the rifle up to 220 on the rifle's buit in gauge and fire around 20 shots, the pressure drops to around 185. Is this normal? Also the first shot at 220 was bang on 12ft but the next half dozen or so dropped to 11.75 and 11.5 ft lbs. I thought as it was regulated it would be the same for each shot. Is it dangerous to fill it right up into the red zone?
    Does anyone know at what pressure the power really drops off at. Dont want to go out to shoot something and find the it is under powered.
    I might add that it does shoot very well and is making one hole groups at around 20 meters. Just curious about the variations in shot power etc.
    Many thanks in advance.

cheers
    Kev
    As above it sounds like you have got a standard X2 and not a X2R.

Always use the gauge on your bottle and not the gauge on the rifle when filling as the gauges fitted to rifles etc are there to act purely as a guide.

Alan.

My X2R also has a pressure gauge fitted. I fill to 220 bar, not noticed any problems on paper targets. Recommended servicing is every 2 years.
    Regards, Kevin -

Cornwall Airgunners Club.

I think the OP's rifle must be regulated. If you filled an unregulated X2 to 220 BAR it probably wouldn't fire! Or if it did the power would be very low.

Most regulated guns need a few shots to settle after filling.

I personally would get it looked at as in my opinion the power is too high.

Hi Guys,
    I e mailed Daystate with the serial number and they confirm that is a regulated X2.
    The first shot was 12 ft lbs then quickly settled down to 11.5. Used an FX pump which gets very hot so that might explain the slightly erratic readings for the first few shots.
    Did drop from 220psi to 185 after 20 shots though.

cheers
    Kev

Cooling air can give quite a large drop in pressure as it returns to room temperature . If I fill my rapid bottle quickly to 220bar after sitting for 10 mins the pressure can drop down to less than 200 bar .

Make sure you have a true fill by pumping to 220 bar then let the gun sit a while for the air to cool than top back up . This may take more than one top up to get a full 220 bar fill .