Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerli Super Speed Pellets ?

Hammerli Super Speed Pellets ?

Are these available in the UK yet?

Look very interesting for a test for flat trajectory,as the weights seem very low

.177 at 0.36g

.22 at 0.65g

Sorry do not know how this calculates into grains,but they are lighter than standard weighted pellets.

Anyone tried them or know anything about them?
    Life without happiness is no life at all.

o.35grams = 5.40grains thats one light .17 pellet so at 11.3 ftlb thats around 970 ftps
    .65gram s is 10 grains at 11.3 = 700 fps
    Last edited by Villiers; 04-01-2011 at 06:56 PM.
    A miss is a miss no matter how much energy the pellet is carrying.

Thanks for the conversion matey.

crikey - that is light.

I wonder how flat these will fly then - could be a good bet for HFT comps -

would the .22 at 10 grains be good for hunting at medium to long distance (max 45 yards)?
    Last edited by markmac; 04-01-2011 at 07:00 PM.

These must be the lightest lead/alloy pellets available then - I know there used to be some Sabo type pellets with synthetic jackets which were light - but heard they were a bit useless in the accuracy department,so pretty pointless

Wonder how these would compare to the defiants etc... - Would expect Hammerli to be quite good in quality so may be a very good alternative.

Should think they will NOT be a lead alloy pellet but one of the new generation of non toxic pellets that will soon become the norm when the EEC have reformed the laws and regulations surrounding the use of lead.That is the prime cause for all these new pellets becoming available.H&N have the Green Range of pellets to compliment the lead pellets at present.Now Hammerli with these, and The prometheus thUnder Bolts from the UK.The main problem with these pellets as far as hunting is concerned is the impossibility to make a soft enough pellet for energy dissipation in flesh.The pellets are solid and very hard alloys.They go through vermin like a hot needle through butterI am eagerly awaiting the first .25 calibre speed merchants to see what sort of job they make of killing rabbits and rats and squirrels.Perhaps they will be so good that the emergence of a .36 calibre airgun for 12fpe will be a reality and will not be as loopy as the current heavyweight .25 now that would be a vermin basher and a half
    [URL=http://www.ukchineseairgunforum.org.uk/index.php[/URL]

Lightbulb

Solware . Hammerli Super Speed Pellets.£14.95/500 .177 £10.95/250 fatboys

ThunderBolts (5gn) £9.95/500

H&N FTT Green's (5.56gn) £5.95/200
    Last edited by 18 Wheeler; 08-03-2011 at 11:01 PM.

at 970, that's getting close to supersonic, they could be a tad unstable if wound up to closer to 12...

they would have to have a good BC to work well... but if they stayed accurate, that could make things interesting. But then if they're not lead, then i believe you can't use them for BFTA shoots... dunno about UKAHFT.

If they ricochet, then there's a problem.

Scince the VCR act the price of any thing to do with shooting has gone up by about 25%, with the price of these new pellets it will soon be cheaper to shoot rim fire! Also bear in mind that guns close to the limit could get you 5 years at HMP unless detuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    Scince the VCR act the price of any thing to do with shooting has gone up by about 25%, with the price of these new pellets it will soon be cheaper to shoot rim fire! Also bear in mind that guns close to the limit could get you 5 years at HMP unless detuned.

have you seen the price of rimfire? can you get 500 rounds for £15?

a gun close to the limit wont get you anything, a gun over the limit could.

These are non lead, so probably zinc, the same as Thunderpants. Can't BELIEVE the price of 'em though. Don't think I'll be buying any of these.
    Weihrauch B&C HW95K, B&C HW35K, BAM B26-2 venoman custom, QB78 DL custom.
    You ain't so big, you jus' tall, tha's all.
    http://ukchineseairgunforum.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Apologies for returning to an old thread - but has anyone tried these new ultra light pellets from Hammerli or other manufacturers?

Would be interested in the accuracy potential and how they react in windy conditions - the .22 version looks interesting.

Anyone know if they could be used in HFT / FT as they have little or no lead content they may be prone to the odd irish trick - rick o'shea

as above anyone got any feed back because i might not go .177 if the flat flying .22's are any good.

H&N do a FTT green in .22 that the USA hunters like, its around 12gr i hear and is accurate. I have hunted with Ubolts in .22 and some club members swear by .22 ubolts in their HW80's.

I tried the .177 ubolts and found them useless, the .177 FTT greens fly way to fast, the .177 Baracuda's are actually quite nice (6.5gr)

overall though remember they are hard, i was hitting crows at 33yrds and the ubolts were going right thru on breast shots..not good.

Im thinking something like a 11gr H&N Crow Magnum Green is what we need in .22

Hi,
    I havent tried the Hammerli ones but I have tried the ultra light zinc alloy .25 pellets refered to in post 5,
    Gamo PBA's .25....14.2/14.5gn.
    They give over 600fps but because they are so light they remain sub 12lb.
    a normall 21gn pellet gives about 500 fps from the same rifle, so 20% faster!!

The problem is over penetration, they go through 1/2" chipboard no problem, and show no sign of deformation, so far I havn't used them hunting because of this.
    Oh they also cost 22p a pop.
    Give me lead pellets every time.
    steve

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus1# View Post
    .Perhaps they will be so good that the emergence of a .36 calibre airgun for 12fpe will be a reality and will not be as loopy as the current heavyweight .25 now that would be a vermin basher and a half
    May as well not bother with pellets but use aluminium drinks cans. 50mm bore, @ several meters per second at 12 ft/lbs would probably be ok and no lead anywhere.