Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Witness 1911 with lead bb

With regard a re-barrel...

...it is not as straight forward as the Sig X-five

There is a nasty hardened steel pin set in the cast alloy that is part of the breech lock up - it requires grinding down and then drilling out which requires a very steady hand and a strong nerve.

Once that's out it's the same story as the Sig - just a question of making a barrel with the same attributes as the original but that will take lead bb.

I am trying something a little different and didn't get it finished last night but when I do I shall post it up on here.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    The supposedly H&N copper coated lead BB's (they are a definite gold colour) I got from Protek average out at about 4.34mm - but because they are lead they do appear to have tiny flats around them - perhaps as a consequence of being supplied in bags of 1,000 and the various handling stages before they got to my doormat & the actual diameters vary between 4.32 & 4.36mm.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2schimels View Post
    Good idea Minuteman, I was so impressed with the Witness I bought 2 and one I am customising with re-blue - black finish with chemical mix to take off trade names. Will fit different diam brass tube to size of BB.

Baz
    hi i am new to the forum and impressed by what i am reading on it. i am thinking of getting the 1911 but was not too keen on the writing. dont really understand how you are doing it but would love to see it on youtube so that i might be able to have a go myself
    cheers joe