Thread: Anschutz Hakim survey

Anschutz Hakim survey

Calling all Hakim military trainer owners what do you think of it in general, what pellet do you use, what condition is your in, and what serial number no you have, or any other thoughts.

Interesting topic, Slayor

I've owned ten of these over the years - here in the USA, the vast majority of Hakims came from the Navy Arms wholesale buyout of Egyptian army airguns back in 1986, and the exteriors of these tend to look like they were beaten with iron rods. Internal condition has also varied greatly - although all of mine have been functional, the velocity ran from maybe 350 up to 520 fps.

Allegedly some were rebuilt sometime in their tough lives, and of the few I stripped, one was nearly pristine inside but the others had badly crushed and distorted springs. The one thing they all shared was excellent accuracy regardless of anything else! My "keeper" example had beautiful tiger-stripe wood hiding beneath a heavy layer of grime / dents / gouges - after only about 40 hours of sanding the wood and metal, a fresh shiny blue job, and a new oil finish, it looks really elegant.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...7/AG/Hakim.jpg

Sorry I can't help with serial numbers as I never recorded any (indeed, where does one look for the S/N - under the tap handle as on Falkes?)

Don R.

The stock looks like maple rather than walnut!!

a bit off subject

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor2005 View Post
    Calling all Hakim military trainer owners what do you think of it in general, what pellet do you use, what condition is your in, and what serial number no you have, or any other thoughts.
    I have had several of these most a bit sad but worked ok, one minty one which I sold on made an offer I could not refuse.
    One thing I could never get an answer too was the what was the internal slot in the front of the stock for?
    I have been told various stories about this one;
    It seems to be a white powder (have seen the residue) of some sort.
    Something to keep the insects away from chewing up the wood work?
    These where apparently assassin air rifles which fired a poison coated pellet?
    Hence the Skull motif on the loading port?
    Could it be that the slot held this poison powder so you could make it up on the spot?

Yet another story I heard apparently a soldier returning from duty out in the middle east brought back a Hakim along with a tin of pellets.
    Customs said he can keep the air rifle thats not problem but you cannot have the pellets as they were covered in some deadly poison unbeknown to him!

I think I will go for the Pest control version, not unless somebody does know just what that slot with the white powder stains is for?
    If it's not broke don"t fix it!
    http://www.vintageairguns.co.uk/

Hi draitzer
    Thanks for your input on the rifle, looking at your Hakim it appears that you do not have a battlesight at the back to replicate the original but very nice condition and you will find the s/n on the left sidejust by the tap its in arabic so you will need to find the number conversion chart mine is 861, thanks again.