Thread: bereta 92fs

Wink bereta 92fs

Hi I intend to buy on of these second hand as a newbie what do I need to look out for any help would be appreciated.

obvious one, check for leaks once co2 is in.
    check it's shooting in single and double action.
    check to make sure the mag is indexing correctly.
    and most importantly check that the bolt that holds the barrel section if there otherwise you'll look bloody stupid when you thumb the lever to put a mag in and it goes flying off lol
    one last thing, always have a good look at the screw/bolt heads for any signs that they have been tampered with, if they are marked start asking questions as to why.
    hope this helps

Talking beretta 92fs

Quote Originally Posted by big bad bear1 View Post
    obvious one, check for leaks once co2 is in.
    check it's shooting in single and double action.
    check to make sure the mag is indexing correctly.
    and most importantly check that the bolt that holds the barrel section if there otherwise you'll look bloody stupid when you thumb the lever to put a mag in and it goes flying off lol
    one last thing, always have a good look at the screw/bolt heads for any signs that they have been tampered with, if they are marked start asking questions as to why.
    hope this helps
    many thanks for your reply big bad bear

Cool beretta 92f

hi crusader, I mean tony check out braithwaites in cheadle heath or wait till you go to weymouth, just found my next new target this xxxxxxx keyboard

Just to save any confusion, it's Branthwaites.

Very small but a great shop.

Also check the Block between the safety catches. If it's cracked then it'll break when it shoots, this happened to mine, except it was factory fresh! I think its a cheapish repair though.

Hi, i have a mint one going up 4 sale soon including a silencer adapter so i can shoot in the living room at night when everyone's asleep, PM me if interested. f2f only but i am not a million miles away.
    Theoben Taunus .22, Custom Ratty .22, BSA Superstar Mk 1 .25, AA S 400 super lite carbine .177 ,Crosman 2300T, Beretta 92 FS,Weihrauch HW45 Silver Star .177
    "He who rides the Tiger can never dismount"

Quote Originally Posted by Deckchairs FTW View Post
    Also check the Block between the safety catches. If it's cracked then it'll break when it shoots, this happened to mine, except it was factory fresh! I think its a cheapish repair though.
    Hi, I've just bought one of these guns, it is my very first airgun, where exactly could this crack be? Do you mean in the actual main casing, that's where the safety catches (SR215) are.

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/printcatimage.asp?id=24513

Still no clues on this?

Quote Originally Posted by earthman View Post
    Hi, I've just bought one of these guns, it is my very first airgun, where exactly could this crack be? Do you mean in the actual main casing, that's where the safety catches (SR215) are.

http://www.gunspares.co.uk/printcatimage.asp?id=24513
    Sorry! Completely forgot this thread! It'd be where the hammer strikes, on the block that the safety catch moves, Pot Luck i guess. Honestly, i'm not sure if they're even visible, if they are they're not obvious, I didn't see mine, but then it could have been some sort of weakness in the metal or something...
    Last edited by Deckchairs FTW; 16-09-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckchairs FTW View Post
    Sorry! Completely forgot this thread! It'd be where the hammer strikes, on the block that the safety catch moves, Pot Luck i guess. Honestly, i'm not sure if they're even visible, if they are they're not obvious, I didn't see mine, but then it could have been some sort of weakness in the metal or something...
    Ah, thanks, I understand now, will check mine.